Thread: Can't open Outlook after email account deactivated

Exclamation Can't open Outlook after email account deactivated

I had ZCO running without problem against a company email account. I have since left the company, and they have deactivated my account. When I open Outlook, it now asks to confirm my email account and password against that deactivated account, which is no longer possible. When I cancel or close or allow it to fail, Outlook closes automatically. I cannot get into Outlook to setup another account or retrieve my old email info.

I tried uninstalling ZCO, but after doing that, Outlook failed to open at launch, complaining that folders did not exist. Luckily, I set a restore point before uninstall, and I am now back to where I started. There must be some way to bypass this account authentication and still get into Outlook and get to my old emails and start using it for my new email account. HELP!!!
    Last edited by savinis55; 06-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Use Control Panel -> Mail to remove the Zimbra profile.

Default closer

Thanks, that suggestion at least got me into Outlook. Although, I used a variant. I happened to have a second profile configured, so rather than removing the Zimbra profile, I switched to my other profile as default. This let me get into Outlook. HOWEVER, I could not see any of the data from my Zimra profile. When I switched back to Zimbra profile, I could see the data (e.g. emails in inbox), but cannot get to it because the authentication dialog is modal and won't let me do anything in Outlook; then kills outlook when I cannot authenticate.

I tracked down the data files, but they are .zdb; not .pst. Is there any way for me to get into outlook AND get to all that data? Yes, I want my cake and I would like to eat it too. :-)

Rename the old .zdb to a .pst. Go into your new profile and Open Outlook Data File. Import the file you renamed.