Thread: Other users calendar not staying in view

Default Other users calendar not staying in view

Hello, I'm using zimbra server 5.0.9 and OlkConnector 5.0.9. A user has access to another users calendar. It's fine in ZWC, she has manage. In outlook, the other users calendar does not show up in her calendar view. So we go to Open..Other Users Folder. This adds it to her calendar view, and she has manage. But when she reboots or restarts outlook, it's gone again and she has to add it every time.

Any idea why, and is there any suggestions for remedy?

Thanks!

It should still be there. We don't really recommend Open Other User's Folder (in fact, we may pull that). You should use Open Other User's Mailbox. Try using that and see if the calendar stays around.

Default Shared Calendars in Outlook Connector

Hi,

I have a similar problem to the one described above.

I'm new to Zimbra (just started yesterday), and I think it's a great product. The browser version works perfectly. The Outlook connector works well too, with one apparent exception...

I have created two mailboxes, and I have set them to share each other's calendars. Everything is good in the browser, but the Outlook connector doesn't seem to be able to see the other mailbox's calendars.

I've tried adding the URL of the calendar to Outlook, but this doesn't give the desired effect (only seems to be a snapshot). I've tried explicitly sharing calendars from within Outlook, rather than from the browser, but this doesn't seem to work either. Also, I've tried opening the mailbox of the other user, but this really isn't what I want to do.

Am I doing something wrong? All help and advice greatly appreciated

I am using a hosted version of Zimbra 5.0.11, Outlook 2007 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate SP1. Outlook Connector 5.0.16_GA_2922_5.0.2990.16

Kind regards
    Andrew
    Last edited by pionium; 06-16-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: More information provided

In Outlook, we don't mount calendars automatically yet (in 6.0 there is some help with this with bug 36232). In Outlook, did you try File->Open Other User's Mailbox? The GAL will come up, and you select the desired user. Then any shared folders for that user will be mounted.

Thumbs up

Thanks for your advice. You are absolutely right. This worked perfectly. I guess that I was expecting to see the same kind of behaviour in Outlook as was apparent in the web.

I had a slight aversion to opening another users mailbox (from a security point of view), but obviously Zimbra handles the security aspect of this, so only the calendar (which is shared) is visible to the user opening the mailbox, so this gives me exactly what I want

Thanks once again

Andrew