Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsupported Addin - iTunes

Default Unsupported Addin - iTunes

Hello, I just installed ZCO 5.0.16.2 for Office 07 SP2 to fix the 'unknown' sender issue. I was previously using ZCO 5.0.9. After installing ZCO 5.0.16.2, launching outlook gives me a new pop up. It says:

Unsupported Addin-
    The following addins can cause probs with sync:
    Outlook Change Notifier
    iTunes Outlook Addin

Click OK to disable addins. This happens at first launch after the update. Subsequent launches does not show this pop up. Anyone else seeing this? Seems very minor, but I'm curious what is going on.

Thanks!

This is by design -- fix for bug 32969, implemented in 5.0.12. Certain addins (especially iTunes) caused problems for our sync, where the sync thread would just die. So we decided to tell the user this, and disable the addin. If we find more addins that cause the problem, we will add them to the list. The list of addins is controlled by a registry key:

HKCU\Software\ZIMBRA\AddinList
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zimbra\AddinList

I wish Apple would stop silently installing that. Since iPhone2 introduced ActiveSync, there's really no need.

Unless you want to browse and be browsed for music shared on your network, you can also disable Apple's Bonjour service.

I'm about to start a thread, but even though the iTunes COM addin is disabled on one of my ZCo 6.0.4 seats, I suddenly have a can't-sync condition anyway.

Is it actually impossible to have iTunes sync *anything* (clearly, I don't need mail) to an iPhone on a ZCO seat at this juncture? Or just things that touch Outlook like mail and contacts (which, clearly, means "just contacts" in my case here)?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

We have found that the iTunes addin in Outlook causes our sync thread to behave poorly, so we disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    We have found that the iTunes addin in Outlook causes our sync thread to behave poorly, so we disable it.
    Which doesn't quite answer my question...

but it's pretty material information, and you should really be telling this to people quite loudly; the Jesus phone is pretty popular these days... and lots of people aren't going to be able to spring for the money for Zmob *just* to be able to sync contacts and calendars.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

I reckon the Eset Nod32 addin causes problems too Frank.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

I imagine you're right. Do you have hard evidence to back it up? If so, send a screenshot of the exact name. I can hard code that one so we'll pick it up and give you the disable message. You can also add it to the registry yourself, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZIMBRA\AddinList

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Hello
    I am new to this forum and not sure this is the appropriate place where to ask.
    We have ZCS 5.0.23_GA_3242.UBUNTU8
    We use Outlook 2007 for mail, contacts and calendars, and use ZCS to share these between all users on our system using the web client, internally (no public access to the server is allowed). We have laptops with Win Xp Pro sp3.
    Unfortunately, we use Iphones as well and used to synchronize Calendar and Contacts with Outlook satisfactorily, until we had to upgrade the ZCS server and the Zimbra Olk Connector on our laptops. Since we did this, the Outlook-ZCS sync runs fine, but no way to sync iphones ... I understand there is some conflict issue between sync processes, but killing the iphone sync make the phone get what they are, toys, but no longer usefull for business use. We hate this situation ...

My question : is there a way to re-enable the iphone sync ?

Sub-question : I understand this is a tricky situation between 3 different and more or less opened/closed software : MS Outlook, Zimbra and Apple. What a mess, indeed. Could anyone suggest another assembly of solutions where we could get what we want ? We want to keep ZCS, could get rid of Outlook with no regret, and of the iphones as well although we like them more then Outlook ... We need mobiles that can sync with ZCS or the laptops, and keep the size and the budget of the whole mess simple and economical.

Thanks for bringing any light in this dark force situation where we have been set by forces beyond our control ... and understanding.

Marc

Is this an issue where ZCO disables the iTunesAddin? You can stop that from happening by taking iTunes Outlook Addin out of the AddinList in the registry (HKCU\Software\ZIMBRA\AddinList and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zimbra\AddinList) and re-enabling it. But you may or may not have problems with our sync stopping sometimes.