Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Shared Calendars in Outlook

has this feature been implemented in the latest build 4.0.3? i can't see it in the changelog except i missed it somehow

Default Are we there yet?

I am also waiting to see if this is feature is in.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The answer would be to try it and see.

I would recommend upgrading to 4.0.3 if you haven't already, there have been many improvements/bug fixes and improvements to the Outlook COnnector. What are you waiting for?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The current state of delegate access in ZCO is as follows:

4.0.X contains a preview of the delegate functionality scheduled to be released in 4.1. In 4.0.X our goal was to get delegate sync working.

In 4.0.X you can
    * modify ACL's on any of your folders (grant access to other users). This includes contact folder, calendar folder and/or mail folders.
    * open another users mailbox
    * view the contents of folders shared with you
    * modify items shared with you - (mail & contacts is much more robust than delegate calendar). Delegate calendar in 4.0.X is not complete. If you need someone to manage your calendar you'll need 4.1.

In 4.1 you will have full delegate access (even while you are offline). We are currently working on ironing out all of the kinks with delegate calendar so 4.1 will be the first release where someone can fully manage one (or more) of your calendars on your behalf using ZCO.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default Shared Contacts and Calendars visible in Outlook

I have downloaded the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (version 4.0.3) but some things are not clear to me yet.

1. I dragged a whole list of contacts from my local address book into my Zimbra addressbook, after which my Outlook was busy copying for several minutes. But when I checked the Zimbra Web Interface, none of these contacts were visible. When I create a new contact in Outlook, the synchronization process works fine, however. What could be wrong?

2. I shared my address book with a collegue (through the Web interface) but somehow he could not make this shared item visible in Outlook. The same goes for Calendars. Is it already possible to add shared items through the Outlook Connector? The functionality works fine in the Web Interface but most of my collegues prefer working with Outlook. (Or would you recommend using a different mail client?)

Hope someone can help me!
    Kind regards,

Martijn Dekker
    Fair Ventures
    The Netherlands.

Hello Martijn,

Quote Originally Posted by dekker.m
    2. I shared my address book with a collegue (through the Web interface) but somehow he could not make this shared item visible in Outlook. The same goes for Calendars. Is it already possible to add shared items through the Outlook Connector? The functionality works fine in the Web Interface but most of my collegues prefer working with Outlook. (Or would you recommend using a different mail client?)
    AFAIK, if you want to access a shared folder via outlook, it has to be shared via outlook. This is already possible since 4.0.0, check the documentation for the details.

Kai

This is not true, you can share something with the Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) and access it with Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO).

To access contents that have been shared with you using ZCO do the following:

File->Open->Other users mailbox and select the user that has shared a folder with you.

On the next sync, you should then see a new folder tree that contains the mailbox and items that have been shared with you.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default I'm still confused

I'm still confused. I'm evaluating the software now, at 4.0.2, and it's definitely giving me fits trying to share a calendar with Outlook.

I see things on the forums about making sure that the "sharing" plugin is enabled, and then everything should work. (It is, and it's not.) Then I see things in this thread about how 4.0.x doesn't really have full calendar sharing (for "delegates"), and that 4.1 will.

Then there's talk about "Open Other User's Mailbox," but this creates a lot of confusion on my test box. In this case, I get two copies of the same (share) user's tree, and no access to the original user's stuff! So this looks broken to me. The calendar sharing is working fine in the browser, but none of my (potential) users will use a web client.

I guess I'm looking for the bottom line here. This is my situation: I want to use this software in a church. Several people need to schedule the Pastor's calendar with Outlook. Can I do this, right now, with Zimbra? If so, how?

Default No calendar sharing through Outlook?

I am evaluating Zimbra with the 4.0.3 download, and am having trouble with the Outlook connector. A bunch of us have used the web interface to share our calendars with each other, and everything is working fine through that interface.

I downloaded the connector and installed it, synchronized, and can see
    my email and appointments just fine. But when I go to view a shared calendar, and select someone from the GAL, I get an error box "Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user."

I saw the suggestion to see if the "Sharing" add-in is present and enabled - it's not there!
    I didn't get any error message when I installed the connector, how could it not be there? What do I have to do to correct this?

The connector is: ZimbraOlkConnector-4.0.3_GA_405_4.0.273.msi

Thanks,

-Bob

More details on enabling the sharing add-in

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...leSharingAddin
    Sam Khavari