Thread: Phone numbers not showing in Web Interface

Default Phone numbers not showing in Web Interface

This is really strange. After successfully installing ZCO 5.0.18 on Vista for Outlook 2007 (Unknown SP# as yet), the initial sync works flawlessly.

Initially, the Zimbra web interface shows everything - including the phone numbers.

Then, after a usb sync with the associated Blackberry..all the phone numbers disappear from the Zimbra web interface!

Field mapping problem in Blackberry Desktop?

So I did this: I exported the Address Book from the Web Interface to a .csv file. And in the .csv file...there are the phone numbers!

Has anyone ever seen this one? I searched the forums using every keyword I could think of - phone, missing, display, vanish, showing, gone, problem, field, mapping - in the combinations you'd expect, but I didn't find anything like this problem.

I also cleared the cache and reloaded, just to be sure that it wasn't browser-cache related - and I tried Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. None of them show the Contact phone numbers, even though the export seems to prove that they're there...

What might I have done that could have caused this problem - if it is a problem?

A couple of questions:

1) Are you talking about all phone numbers? There are lots of phone numbers -- work, home, fax, etc. Which ones don't show?

2) Did you look in Outlook itself? I'm assuming they're not getting to Outlook from the device, but your post doesn't specify.

3) If you have Outlook or BlackBerry Desktop Manager logs, you can post them and we can take a look.

1) No phone numbers from any phone number fields show in Zimbra. Zimbra .csv export shows all phone numbers, and they match Outlook's phone numbers on a per-record basis.
    2) All phone numbers are intact and showing in both the Device and Outlook
    3) I'll post the logs when I get at them later this week - I had to go off-site for another task before I could gather up logs and other info...

Thanks!

Default Similar but worse

Well I seem to be less lucky. After installing the Zimbra outlook connector, my whole contact database was substituted with contacts generated from the zimbra suite (only emails). ALL existing contacts have dissappeared

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by draebye View Post
    Well I seem to be less lucky. After installing the Zimbra outlook connector, my whole contact database was substituted with contacts generated from the zimbra suite (only emails). ALL existing contacts have dissappeared
    Details, details, details - there are no details in your post. How about Zimbra version & release? Please update your forum profile with the output (please don't post it in this thread) of the following command:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    Which version of the Zimbra Outlook Connector are you using? Which version of Outlook & OIperating System are you using? Is this a new install of Zimbra or an upgrade? Is this a new install or an upgrade of the Outlook Connector or an upgrade? Has it worked before? Does it work for other people in your organisation or does everyone have the problem? What were the exact steps you took to get this problem?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.