Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Can't send on behalf of with 5.0.18 ZCO

Default [SOLVED] Can't send on behalf of with 5.0.18 ZCO

I've got users that are "managers" of some shared folders on a couple of generic email addresses. Some of the emails that come into those shared folders are forwarded to other departments. However, since installing the 5.0.18 ZCO, those "manager" users cannot forward any of the messages out of those shared folders. We get an immediate bounceback message saying:

Error: This message could not be sent.

Subject: subject of email

To: address trying to forward to

Note: You are not allowed to send on behalf of this person. Please recreate and resend the message.

Any ideas? It all works fine if you're logged into the webmail and send it that way. The issue only appears on machines with the 5.0.18 ZCO.

I rolled back a couple of my users to the 5.0.16 ZCO and the functionality returned.

Apparently this wasn't actually supposed to be working! It was a security hole fixed in the .18 release. It's the "Allow sending email from any address" preference listed under each user or by COS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    Apparently this wasn't actually supposed to be working! It was a security hole fixed in the .18 release. It's the "Allow sending email from any address" preference listed under each user or by COS.
    Thanks for this information, you just solved one of my problems!

FWIW, this was in the release notes, but we buried it in there pretty well, so it's not surprising that people missed it. Under Major Fixes in 5.0 Releases:

30217 ZCO. Only users that have been granted either
    manager or admin permission can send email
    messages on behalf of the grantee.

Of course, that's kind of cryptic in itself. Perhaps we should update the release notes to make this more accessible.

I believe I am having a similar issue with calendar shares. I have user that has been added as an admin level calendar share users. If the shared user sets up an appointment with any attendees the system responds with the same message listed above.

Error: This message could not be sent.

Subject: subject of email

To: address trying to forward to

Note: You are not allowed to send on behalf of this person. Please recreate and resend the message.

I have just recently upgraded from 5.0.15 to 5.0.18 NE Server and ZCO. This was working fine prior to the update. I have removed the shared user and readded the user back as an admin level calendar share. I have also tried the above suggestion by adding the shared user to the original users preference tab "Allow sending mail only from these addresses". Unfortunately, we continue the same issue. I am sure it is something simple but I have not been able to figure it out at this time. Thanks in advanced for any help.

This is the same thing I mentioned in the comment above. It is buried in the release notes. Basically, in the web client, you must configure the delegate (shared) user's Sending Mail preference to "Allow sending email from any address" or "Allow sending mail only from these addresses".

The easiest -- check Allow sending email from any address.

See bugs 30217 and 38923 for more info.

I see the bug 38923. It is the same issue that I am having. I was able to replicate the same issue with other users as well. Is there an ETA on this being fixed or is there another work around? I noticed that another user stated they used a previous version of ZCO and it worked.

Thanks again for your help.

There is no ETA as bug 38923 is invalid. I'll repeat the same comment I made yesterday:

============
    In the web client, you must configure the delegate (shared) user's Sending Mail preference to "Allow sending email from any address" or "Allow sending mail only from these addresses".

The easiest -- check Allow sending email from any address.
    ============

We are looking at other alternatives here, but for now, that's the workaround (if you want to call it a workaround). I prefer to call it correct behavior.