Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Resources in GAL after 6.0

So, when is 6.0.3 coming out? I ask because we are looking to upgrade this weekend.

not for awhile. In the meantime, if you create a GAL sync account on the server, it will probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Well -- it just got fixed internally last Friday, and 6.0.2 went out a couple of weeks ago, so it would be fixed in 6.0.3.
    Hrm. This is what I got from support:

Re: SF: Case 00044873: Six Apart - Cannot open calendar for shared resource in Outlook 2007

This was a bug in 6.0.0/6.0.1. It's been fixed in ZCS 6.0.2, but you'll need to upgrade your server and the ZCO client to see the fix.
    Can you link to docs for the GAL sync account? That sounds like fun.

I think they're wrong about that. The bug was in 6.0.2, so you would need to upgrade your server to 6.0.3 when it comes out. Once the new server is out, the old Outlook connector would work -- you would just have to download the GAL again. But generally, if a new server comes out, you should upgrade your Outlook connector as well.

As far as a GAL sync account, try:

GAL Sync Account - Zimbra :: Wiki

My (test) 6.0.2 upgrade has a galsync account set up (paging works in the web client, so I think it must be working?) but still no resources in Outlook GAL. We are using external LDAP with some zimbraGalLdapAttrMap customizations (eduPersonNickname overrides givenName, etc).

Should I worry about this, or just wait patiently for 6.0.3, which we're already doing due to other bugs?

I also have a GAL sync account "working," but it's ugly. There are entries for every user plus their aliases, growing the list from 150 to more than 300 entries. I managed to get it to show in Outlook, but would appreciate some direction on the recommended way to do it, since my way was hopefully more painful than necessary.

The GAL sync account stuff is a server thing -- it's really got nothing to do with Outlook or our connector. The connector just makes a request, and process what comes back. The problem with resources was that they were not coming back in the response.

As to Rich's question, you should probably just wait until 6.0.3, if that is possible.

nyogtha Guest

Upgraded to 6.0.3 yesterday. AFAICT still no fix. It's not menitioned in the release notes either.

What was to be 6.0.3 was bumped to 6.0.4 by the short-term need to push out an openssl patch.

The target date is still December 14, as it was when the release was numbered 6.0.3. That appears within reach, in part because a few features have been deferred to 6.0.5 (SAML/Shibboleth, send/receive share invitation emails in Outlook).