Thread: [SOLVED] outlook to be stopped and restart with ZCS 6.0

Default [SOLVED] outlook to be stopped and restart with ZCS 6.0

Hello,

when launching outlook (for exemple after a windowsXP reboot) it always blocks without any response : mails list is displayed, but no sync is done and no interaction is possible.

To solve this I stop outlook and restart it (this take of course a very long time as outlook checks its database), and usually it works fine aftyer that.

Does anyboy experience the same bug?

My configuration is:
    winXP SP3
    outlook 2003 SP3
    ZCO 6.0
    ZCS Network edition 6.0

I can post a bug in the bugzilla...) just waiting some feedback from others...

christophe

Can you enable ZCO logging (just Enable logging and http logging, nothing else), restart Outlook, duplicate the issue, and post the log?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Can you enable ZCO logging (just Enable logging and http logging, nothing else), restart Outlook, duplicate the issue, and post the log?

Thanks
    Thx for your reply. Could you just explain me how to enable logging? I found nothing about this in ZCO and its doc... So it must be at the ZCs level, I guess?

christophe

There is a program called ZCOLogCtl.exe (in the same directory where you ZCO dlls are (probably Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<localid> -- which is probably 1033.

Run that program. Just enable logging and http logging. You have to restart Outlook for this to take effect. When you don't want logging any more, run the program again and uncheck the boxes.

Default logs when outlook is blocking

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post

Thanks
    You will find attached the log file

BTW: I just observe the bug, without rebooting windowsXP, but putting the PC in hibernation and restarting on another place (moving from home wifi to my office wifi/lan connection)

christophe
    Attached Files Attached Files

So the log shows nothing obvious, but it does seem like the sync thread just goes away. A couple of things:

1) Looks like you have old beta version -- 6.0.0. We have since released later versions. You might want to upgrade.

2) There is one change record -- that is something that was changed on the Outlook side -- looks like a message was edited. The message has Zimbra id 37228. If it's in Outlook, you should be able to find out what that is by right clicking on the blue area at the top, and enabling the Zimbra Support toolbar. Then do an Open By Zimbra Id and put 37228 on there. If that doesn't work, you can get to it via a server browser. Anyway, you could try getting rid of that message and seeing if that's the issue.

3) If you have the log of a successful sync of the same profile, that might be interesting to compare.

But you should try upgrading.

You are right, I am still using the 6.0.0 (ZCO and ZCS). I plan to move to 6.0.2, but not yet done. However, the 6.0.0 is not supposed to be a beta, but first release of 6.0

I found the message zimbra id 37228... quite a normal message; I kept it, and succeed many times when relaunching outlook...

Why do you mean that there may be a pb with the id 37228? when reading the log file, how could I guess there may be a pb with this record?

BTW: I might migrate to 6.0.2 in a week or two

It was just a guess about 37228 -- it was the last change record before the syncthread seemed to go away. But that's probably not the problem. It looks like the GAL sync timer went off, and, at least from the log file, I never saw the sync thread again.

I still think you should upgrade to 6.0.2. I can't really tell from that log what is going on. If you want to try again, and if the same thing happens, send me another log, and I can compare.

Cool wtih ZCS 6.04 and ZCO 6.04 this problems disappeared

No more troubled when starting outlook as mentionned in my first post of this thread, since I switched to zimbra server 6.04 and ZCO 6.04

christophe