Thread: Some emails show up blank in Outlook 2007

Hybrid View

Default Some emails show up blank in Outlook 2007

Hi, we have an issue in Outlook 2007 when some emails show up blank (no subject and body).
    The computer is a Lenovo T400 laptop with windows xp sp3 with all patches installed.
    Office version is 2007 pro with volume license (SP2 installed).
    The Zimbra server version is 6.0.1 Network Edition and the Connector version is 6.0.1 as well.
    All mails show up fine if setup using IMAP or via Zimbra webmail UI.
    The problem seems to be consistent i.e if I remove the zimbra , office , connector and reinstall , delete Outlook profile in question and recreate it always the same mails come up as blank.
    It looks like (not 100% sure) that most of them are plaintext emails but there are at least some that are either rich text or html.
    Most of the senders also send emails using Outlook with Zimbra connector within the same network.

Can you post a zco log file that shows the problem?

Ok sorry for the long delay.
    I will try to persuade the user to give up her computer for another 30 mins and will get a log file.
    The interesting thing is that the problem is evident only on this specific computer (which has a somewhat messed up registry ).
    Is there a way to somehow cleanup connector's registry entries?

Well, there are all kinds of tools that do it. You can also go in manually and do it. It depends what's messed up. How do you know it's messed up, and if you do, do you know where it's messed up?

Ok here is the thing.
    I am able to setup the same account on a different machine and everything works fine there.
    I also tried setting up under a different user on the same machine and the problem is still there.
    I will be opening a ticket in support area of the site to speed things up now.

Perhaps it's a virus scan issue?

We don't always work well with some virus checkers. We have wikis on that subject. Here is an excerpt:

Virus scanners can significantly slow down ZCO performance. NOD32 has been identified as not working well with Outlook 2007. AVG is a known culprit, particularly version 8. In many cases these scanners can render HTML E-mail as plain text. AVG’s certification feature appends text to mail messages, sometimes causing these messages to lose HTML formatting. To disable this, go into AVG’s Advanced Settings, and under E-mail Options, uncheck the box that deals with Certification of Incoming E-mail. Sometimes virus scanners render emails completely blank.

Many anti-virus users disable E-mail scanning, since Zimbra does it for you. To disable the E-mail scanner in AVG, open the Control Center, select the E-mail scanner plug-in, click Properties, click on the Disable Plugin button, and check Ignore Plugin Condition.