Thread: [SOLVED] Missing Profile

Default [SOLVED] Missing Profile

I am installing the Outlook connector on Vista SP1 32-bit machines with Outlook 2007. I already set up the IMAP account in Outlook. Since the users in question are standard users, I install it from an admin account and then go back to the standard user to configure and use it. However, the connector configuration does not come up when Outlook gets started. If I go back to the admin account and start Outlook, the connector configuration comes up.

I assumed this was because they were standard users. However, I made one of them an admin. Logged back on to that account, ran the install again and restarted Outlook. Nothing. I also have the Apple connector on my Mac and I am able to access the thing through system settings. Is there a similar way on Windows to access the connector's settings? The install said that an empty profile would be created but I cannot find any profile anywhere in Outlook. Where is it?

Thanks.

This is supposed to work, and I thought it did. Maybe Vista is the wildcard. I know that when we install, we put registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zimbra. When local users change things, they change things in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZIMBRA.

Not sure what's going on here, but you might try this:

Log on as the admin, where things work, and take the Mapisvc.inf file and save it. [It's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 (1033 is the locale id, so if this isn't English USA, then there will be a different LCID. Then log on as a standard user, and see what the standard user has for that file. If they're different, try replacing that file with the admin one. Then try configuring a profile.

Thanks for the input, however replacing that file had no effect. When I restarted Outlook, the configuration did not come up. Do you have any other ideas?

Solved here.