Thread: [SOLVED] Local failures x v.many syncing calendars

Default [SOLVED] Local failures x v.many syncing calendars

By way of migration (from standalone-outlook-pst's), I'm trying to upload my own and other users calendar folders to the ZCS.

The .pst import tool created a bit of a mess with national characters (they didn't show up correctly in the web-client afterwords).

But the Outlook connector + an extra PST with the calendar backups mounted presented the option of simply dragging the calendars into the ZCS store.

This way, I actually kept all necessary info when moving the appointments from the Outlook calendar into the Zimbra store.

However, I am seeing a lot of local failures during sync. No easy way of seeing a common reason way, except I notice that where "location" field has been filled in with free text this triggers a local failure.

Any good ideas as to how I could I avoid the errors? Or what fields to beware of when moving appointments to the ZCS?

Thomas B
    Oslo, Norway

What local failures are you seeing? Please post one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB View Post
    However, I am seeing a lot of local failures during sync. No easy way of seeing a common reason way, except I notice that where "location" field has been filled in with free text this triggers a local failure.
    Non-standard (ie free text not really defined as locations in either Outlook nor Zimbra) location field caused this - and also repeated appointments with unusual repeat patterns.

For instance an appointment running for every weekday over two weeks, but where it had later been deleted from one day (effectively creating a broken occuring pattern). Outlook handled this well, but Zimbra/Outlook conn. did not.

Had to re-create the appointments manually in Zimbra after importing them all...