Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZCO and Outlook 2010 Beta Problem

Thanks for this response.

Can I suggest that this information is put somewhere more prominent, maybe even on the main website where the outlook connector is described? I realise this bug is raised but my search of the bugzilla revealed only the bug which was fixed that says that Outlook 2010 is supported and verified as working.

Of course the next question is how hard is it to recompile the connector for use with 64bit Outlook? I notice this bug was raised against 6.0.4 - can we expect it to be done by 6.0.8, or can it be released separately? Some of us are in a real bind here - 64bit OSes really are becoming popular on the desktop.

Thanks.

Bump.

Not seeing any movement on Bug 43685 – support 64bit outlook - does this mean the developer is on holiday?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fourcheeze View Post
    Bump.

Not seeing any movement on Bug 43685 – support 64bit outlook - does this mean the developer is on holiday?
    You could always vote on the bug to give it added weight. You should also update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

OK, I've updated my profile and voted. Maybe I should try to get all my friends to vote too.

Apologies if I seem impatient, but (now I have voted) all I can do is try to pass on our frustration somehow. This seems like a fairly straightforward thing to solve for the sake of actually supporting something which Zimbra already claims to support. It's not really clear from the bugzilla if there was a problem building it or not.

Peace to you all.

64bit Outlook support is quite important seeing how lots of people with Vista will be installing Office 2010 in 64bit mode.

I couldn't agree more. Personally I hate, loathe and detest Outlook, but for some reason our customers keep wanting to use it.

I notice some activity on the bug today, but no real indication of whether this is a drop in a large ocean or almost completed.

Default Outlook Connector Issues

I just finished an install on one system with Outlook 2003 and everything went just fine but am now trying to install to my laptop running Outlook 2010 and got the error message below. It did not complete the profile and when I try to set up the Private Folders manually I get the error message Unable to configure store Error (126) Invalid Provider detected. I'd like to po9int it to the folder createed in teh first install that I sync to my laptop.
    Is there a fix for this in the version 5 that my Ops team has running or how can I make an install to Outlook 2010 32 bit work?

Also anyone have any input on installs on multiple systems and keeping them in sync? Is it possible to copy the profile to each machine and set up each profile to use those config files and folders (pst or in this case the zdb) so I don't have to sync to each system every time I open outlook? I have three desktops that I use to access email as well as my laptop so running around and opening all of them individually is not something that i look forward to. Especially since I get about 200 to 300 emails a day.
    Thanks for your help.

Default continued

Forgot to mention that I am on WinXP Pro 32 bit... Another update, it appears that ZCO is installing and working fine on my standalone implementations of office 2003 and Office 2010. It is only this one system where over the years it has gone from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and then I just upgraded it to Office 2010.
    It is the only one out of 4 computers to give me a problem so far.

Maybe removing 2010 and the legacy stuff from 2000 then a clean install of 2010? God I hate losing all my settings but I NEED to be on ZCS and I need to use Outlook 2010.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mefish; 01-16-2011 at 07:59 PM.

"Is there a fix for this in the version 5 that my Ops team has running or how can I make an install to Outlook 2010 32 bit work?"

Are you using ZCO version 5? We didn't support Outlook 2010 until version 6. It might work, but ZCO 5 is very old.

As for migrating profiles, on the first machine, you can save the profile settings from the registry to a file (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles would have your particular profile). Then on the second machine, import the registry settings for that profile, and copy the .zdb over.

In version 6, you could set up a roaming profile on a shared machine.

You can try all this stuff, but given the various Outlooks that have been on your laptop, your best bet is probably to uninstall an re-install. Many times, Outlook has issues when upgraded, especially if trial versions have ever been installed.

Default Installs and upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    "Is there a fix for this in the version 5 that my Ops team has running or how can I make an install to Outlook 2010 32 bit work?"

Are you using ZCO version 5? We didn't support Outlook 2010 until version 6. It might work, but ZCO 5 is very old.

As for migrating profiles, on the first machine, you can save the profile settings from the registry to a file (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles would have your particular profile). Then on the second machine, import the registry settings for that profile, and copy the .zdb over.

In version 6, you could set up a roaming profile on a shared machine.

You can try all this stuff, but given the various Outlooks that have been on your laptop, your best bet is probably to uninstall an re-install. Many times, Outlook has issues when upgraded, especially if trial versions have ever been installed.
    I guess I wil try one more time and then bite the bullet and do aclean install to see if it fixes it.
    Thanks