Thread: Cannot start Outlook after ZCO installation - mapi32.dll error

Default Cannot start Outlook after ZCO installation - mapi32.dll error

Hi. I have new plain Windows XP installation. New Office 2007 install, with all available updates. Nothing else installed. When I install ZCO (6.0.2) I cannot start Outlook any more. After the initial confiuration on ZCO (the server name, user name, password) the Outlook shows the famous "wrong mapi32.dll" error and crashes. Attached are logs and zco dump.

Anything we can do to debug the situation futher? Seems like there is a lot fo similar problems, recently.

Thanks

st.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is the same problem that this user has:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...g-version.html

I haven't heard back from him yet, but I told him to delete the .idm file and try again.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I am hoping that 6.0.4 will resolve this, but I am not sure. I know that 6.0.2 has some install issues. I was hoping that this was bug 42644, since resolved, but I think this is a different problem.

I am curious -- on your machine can you search for all of the msmapi32.dll files and see their versions? I am especially interested in the one in Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.

Another thing to try is to delete the Zimbra profile created during the install, and create a new one from scratch using the Mail Applet from the control panel. Then try to sync.

Let me know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    I am curious -- on your machine can you search for all of the msmapi32.dll files and see their versions? I am especially interested in the one in Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.
    Actually, it's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1029 for me, i'm using localized Czech Windows XP. The version: 12.0.6413.1000. And search didn't really find any other files with the same name, apart from some service pack backups.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Another thing to try is to delete the Zimbra profile created during the install, and create a new one from scratch using the Mail Applet from the control panel. Then try to sync.
    Was there, tried that. No difference. Still getting the same error and the same outlook crash.

Thanks

Just tried English (US) Windows XP with English (US) Office 2007. The same error.

So seems like I have found the problem. The Surname of the user I was testing against contains special East European characters (š,č). If I rename the account to get rid of them, ZCO setup works. Even if I then get the name back to it's previous state (including the spec. characters), the ZCO continues to work. I have issued the bug (Bug 42993 – Outlook crash with mapi32.dll error when Zimbra account Surname includes certain (East European) characters).

Thank you.