Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Outlook Connector error on installation: LSLIB32.DLL

Default Zimbra Outlook Connector error on installation: LSLIB32.DLL

Zimbra Server Version: X-Mailer: Zimbra 6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8 (ZimbraWebClient - SAF3 (Linux)/6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8)

Clients: Outlook 2003 SP3, Windows XP Pro (fully patched).

Zimbra Outlook Connector Version: ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.3_GA_1912_6.0.5737.3

On a fresh Outlook 2003 SP3 (and also with no prior profile), I install the Zimbra Outlook Connector version indicated above. The installation appears to run through normally. Once the install is complete, I am instructed by the installer to startup Outlook. I startup Outlook and immediately get the error as indicated in the attachment. The error is associated with LSLIB32.DLL (see attachment image).

I close that message, startup Outlook again, get asked to start in Safe Mode and I click No and then I continue into Outlook. Once in Outlook, the Zimbra connector seems to work ok as far as sending and receiving email, etc.

***So far I have installed the connector on the first 12 machines in our Windows 2003 network (XP clients) and ALL get this error message. In fact, even in my test VM environments (again XP), I get this error message. What is particularly interesting is the clients have Admin rights when I do the installs of the connector and this error happens for users on the network and also for test systems that are both on and off the network.***

Even though most things are working well, I am very concerned that everything could stop working in the future. I do not know how serious the LSLIB32.DLL file failure on installation is to Outlook and/or Zimbra. Can somebody explain that to me? Is my whole implementation going to fail and come crashing down in the near future because of this issue?

Unfortunately, the dump file doesnít seem to have symbols. Iím not sure why that is, as it looks like a legitimate 6.0.3 build. You labeled 2 of the files msi exec log files, but they looked like zco log files from the configuration. It would have been interesting to see the real msiexec log files.

It looks like you are getting MAPI_E_NETWORK errors trying to authenticate. Are there any network or authentication issues?

One thing that would be interesting to try is to create a brand new profile and then initial sync. Do you get the same error the first time?

Also, maybe itís worth trying 6.0.4 -- it should be out in a day or 2. 6.0.3 didnít have much in it for ZCO Ė maybe some things got fixed. And maybe 6.0.4 would have better symbols.

You may end up working fine, but the crash does make me a little nervous. I would love to know why this dump does not have symbols.

I have 2 fresh virtual machines setup and I can regenerate the log files if you like. These vm's have Outlook 2003 SP3 with no profile so it should be a clean install.

What I would just need to know is what log files you would like to receive. The last log files that I created where quite large and obviously not much help. Is there a better way to do the log files (maybe no verbose checked) or something like that?

As I probably mentioned, the error pops up after I enter in the server, user name and password into the ZCO. Once I click OK or Finish is when I get the error.

Just logging and http logging is fine. The biggest help would be a crash dump with symbols. If you get 6.0.4 (which comes out today, I think) that might be best. Though I suppose you could try this again and send me the dump and the logs again. Maybe we'll get lucky this time. I assume you got the build from the normal channels.

Thank you for the reply.

I can do the zco logging that should be fine. I actually did one last night as well. But I will do a new set.

I am a little confused how to do the debug logging properly for you. I have done it once in the past but it creates a 100Mb log file. I am also a little confused as to when I should turn on the debug logging. Do I turn it on once I receive the error message or slightly before the message? Also, do I just use the standard options from the WIKI article that is on the site somewhere?

You would shut down Outlook, and then go into ZcoLogCtrl and do the logging. Just enable logging and http logging -- nothing else. Logging won't take effect until you restart Outlook.

I'm surprised it creates that big a log file if it's crashing immediately. So start Outlook. After it crashes, I assume Outlook is gone. If it's not, shut it down. Then go back to ZcoLogCtrl and disable logging.

There should also be that dump file in %TEMP%\zco-cores. It didn't have symbols last time, so it won't this time either, but send it anyway.

Thanks

I have attached 3 new zimbra log files as well as one crash dump file that was located in the zco-cores folder. I uploaded the files to the Case that I have opened (I assume that is where you found them last time).

Sorry for the duplicates of the first 3, I did not realize that I had successfully uploaded them.

Thanks!

Got lucky this time -- the dump had symbols. This was bug 42644, fixed in 6.0.4, which is coming out today. Use 6.0.4, and you will be fine.

I have uploaded the log file.

Don't need the log file. Bug is fixed.