Thread: Cannot setup Calendar/Contact/Task Sharing while in Outlook. Must use Web Client?

Default Cannot setup Calendar/Contact/Task Sharing while in Outlook. Must use Web Client?

Zimbra Server Version: X-Mailer: Zimbra 6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8 (ZimbraWebClient - SAF3 (Linux)/6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8)
    Clients: Outlook 2003 SP3, Windows XP Pro (fully patched).
    Zimbra Outlook Connector Version: ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.3_GA_1912_6.0.5737.3

The problem is simple. The ONLY way that I can be successful in setting up Calendar, Contact and Task sharing for any of my users is to setup the Sharing in the Web Client. Setting up the sharing in Outlook does not work for ANY of my users (up to 12 so far).

Here is the background information:

I understand completely how to setup calendar, contact and task sharing in Outlook. I understand that on the person to share the calendar (for example), you can do that in Outlook by right clicking the calendar, going to the Sharing tab and then choosing the user you want to share with and selecting a privelidge (in my case always Administrator).

I also understand that for a user that wants to view another userís shared calendar they have to first open the other userís mailbox first and then you should see the shared items (calendar for example).

The problem is that when I follow this process I always get the following error message:

Unable to display folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user.

The problem that I ALWAYS have is that even though I can open up another userís mailbox, I cannot, ever, see the Calendar, Contact or Task share. I did find one work-around. If I setup the sharing in the Zimbra Web Client, I can then go back to Outlook and the user can then see the other userís shared calendar, contacts and tasks. In fact, I do not even have to have the recipient Accept the sharing request in their web client. As long as I have the User Mailbox open on the recipient, the new shared objects show up and are usable.

What I do not understand at this point is why, after I open the other userís mailbox, I cannot gain access to the shared folders unless I setup the shares on the webmail?

I'm not sure why this is happening. I assume you have tried with a new profile? Perhaps you can enable logging, try this again, and post the zco log. Don't enable calendar tracking.

Sure, I can do that. I just have one question. What does "calendar tracking" do? Should it be enabled on each system by default or turned off?

Calendar tracking is a special type of logging that spits out a .msg file every time an appointment changes. It's a special type of tracking that we use very infrequently.

DO NOT ENABLE THIS.

It will kill your performance; plus, there are a number of bugs with this. I believe it messes things up.

I would just enable logging and http logging. No need for verbose either at this point.

Ok, thanks.

I am pretty sure that I can replicate this every time. So I will work on the logging as well. I should have something to send shortly.

Jamie