Thread: Zimbra Web Client – “Folders Shared by Me” always displays “No Results Found”

Default Zimbra Web Client – “Folders Shared by Me” always displays “No Results Found”

Zimbra Web Client – “Folders Shared by Me” always displays “No Results Found” even though shares exist.

Zimbra Server Version: X-Mailer: Zimbra 6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8 (ZimbraWebClient - SAF3 (Linux)/6.0.3_GA_1915.UBUNTU8)

Clients: Outlook 2003 SP3, Windows XP Pro (fully patched).

Zimbra Outlook Connector Version: ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.3_GA_1912_6.0.5737.3

I have been having problems setting up shares in Outlook so I have been using the Web Client to do this. The problem that I have is that while I can setup the shares using the Sharing option and choosing the user, setting permissions, etc. and even seeing things work in Outlook, when I log out of the Web Client and then log back into the web client and go to the Sharing option, the section called “Folders shared by me” shows “No results found”. Yet the shares continue to work in Outlook.

Aside from the fact that the shares that I previously setup still work in Outlook, I have the following questions:

1. Why does the web client not display the Folders shared by me after I logout and log back in?
    2. How can I be sure that the shares will continue to work? For example, if I were to restart the server, would the shares stop working in Outlook (i.e. disappear)?

3. I am concerned because the sharing recipients do not have to Accept the share for everything to work in Outlook (i.e. they do not have to go into their own Web Client to accept the share). Again, if the server is reset or restarted, will the shares disappear?

The first question is why are you having trouble setting up shares in Outlook? Right click a folder, go to the sharing tab, and set it up. Then, the delegate goes to File->Open Other User's Mailbox to access the share.

I think there was a web client bug with displaying sharing, where you had to go to the relevant application tab before sharing would display properly. I don't think there was ever a bug filed on that, but I'm sure it's fixed in 6.0.4.

If you restart the server, the shares will continue to work.

We are working on sharing emails in Outlook -- this should be out in 6.0.5 -- bug 23879.

Thank you for your help.

What is very strange is that I can setup the share in Outlook (just like you said and how I have been doing it). But when I open the mailbox on the other user's system, the shared item (such as a calendar) is not displayed. The mailbox is opened, but the shared calendar is not. ONLY when I resetup the share using webmail can I access the share from the delegate.

Obviously stupid question, but I assume you're clicking the Folder list button at the bottom of the left pane so you'll see all the folders. Assuming you've done that, perhaps you can send a zco log file of when this doesn't work, and I can take a look.

What about other folders, like contacts? I assume you're saying that Inbox works.

Yep, I thought of that too, but I am sure. I am clicking on Calendars and ONLY if I use the webmail do I see the Zimbra - Username mailbox show up.

I am not sure that I can get you this information this afternoon or not. I am actually back onsite tomorrow (Wed) and I can do some realworld logging. I currently have 30 users and ALL of them have this same issue.