Thread: Mail synchronisation problems

Default Mail synchronisation problems

We are using the outlook connector for our staff. Lately we have more and more users that have problems with their connector. When the connector is synchronizing there are mails that are not coming in outlook. Sometimes they come later, some times the don't synchronize at all. I can see them in the webmail so the e-mails are there.

Any suggestions ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kristof View Post
    We are using the outlook connector for our staff. Lately we have more and more users that have problems with their connector. When the connector is synchronizing there are mails that are not coming in outlook. Sometimes they come later, some times the don't synchronize at all. I can see them in the webmail so the e-mails are there.

Any suggestions ?
    Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not pots the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    You should also post details of the exact version of the ZCO that's being used. Are the problem accounts all using the same version of ZCO?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I have updated my profile.

We are using the network edition of ZCS version 5.0.18, what details do you need from the server ?

All the users that have the problem are on the same server.

If you reproduce the issue of some emails not synchronizing, you should enable ZCO logging (via ZCOLogCtl), and post the logs to this forum. Are you getting Local Failures on these messages? If so, post those as well. Is it just email messages that don't sync, or is it appointments, tasks, etc. We'll need a lot more information.

The problem is just with the e-mails that don't sync. I will enable the logging on the computer of the employees that have the problem. When i have more information i will post it here.

I've just had this crop up for me as well; only one user, just after I set itunes up to sync his contacts to his new Jesus phone.

I wasn't aware of ZCOLogCtl; is that a Windows side program?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

ZCOLogCtl is a standalone .exe in the same directory as the ZCO dlls. You use it to enable logging. If you do, just enable logging and http logging, nothing else.