Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook sync client

I can confirm some trouble with recurring events not being deleted from my Nokia E61 when deleted from the Zimbra calendar.
    ------------------------------
    http://www.lcrm.co.uk

Seems my phone-settings were correct.

In attachment you can find the complete logging of one synchronization attempt with a bit more detail.

Thx in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Open Source Calendar and Contacts Synchronization

The wiki now has a page to assist with installing and setting up the funambol zimbra connector.

Acknowledgment and thanks goes to Wolfroma for bringing the good news at last.

The article is called 'Open Source Calendar and Contact Synchronization'.

Enjoy
    ------------------------------
    http://www.lcrm.co.uk

@Costa-101

Hi,

could you please tell me, what happens on your E61, when you create recurring events in zimbra?
    It seems that only the first of the recurring events is transferred to my phone.
    Besides that it would be interesting what your settings in the device-section of funambol are.
    I can't really figure out which values I should set for my phone (E61i) regarding timezone,
    timezone conversion and notfication type, for instance.

Thanx in advance
    Kleo

P.S. - @wolfroma
    By now I did not have the chance to test version 0.4 thoroughly.
    But I can declare that contact sync works great for me. :-)
    I've noticed some "NullPointerExceptions" while syncing the calendar when handling recurring events.
    I will take a closer look soon and post some logs.

I just wanted to add my thanks for putting this code out. It looks like an elegant, clean implementation - far better than anything I was working on.

I hope to get a Funambol 6.5 server up soon and start playing with it. I have a few different mobile devices I can try it out on (WM2003, Blackberries, Treos and iPhones).

Some phones don't deal well with recurring events, so the problems you're encountering could be the fault of the phone. I think some phones break recurring events into individual events. When a change is made on the server side, it can't be reflected into the phone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DenRaf View Post
    Seems my phone-settings were correct.

In attachment you can find the complete logging of one synchronization attempt with a bit more detail.

Thx in advance.
    ZimbraFunambol Connector doesn't call in this log. Please will sure that you configure funambol ds-server as is in the wiki. installation-guide

Quote Originally Posted by kleo View Post
    By now I did not have the chance to test version 0.4 thoroughly.
    But I can declare that contact sync works great for me. :-)
    I've noticed some "NullPointerExceptions" while syncing the calendar when handling recurring events.
    I will take a closer look soon and post some logs.
    NullPointerExceptions - I catch this exceptions in 0.3.92 and fix it 0.4. Also it may be different bugs, but I think this bug now is fixed.

All:
    In the zimbra after I remove calendar, this calendar complete Deleted . (as distinct from Contacts, removed contacts placed in the trash). Now I don't know how I can trace which calendars has been removed from last sync. If you now how and may to add this feature then please in private.

Default Debugging the connector

Hi
    I'm currently trying to sync my sonyericsson K800i calendar through funambol with zimbra without any luck. Im using the latest version of the zimbra connector (0.4), funambol data synchronization server 6.5.12.

I have my funambol logging set to level: All and this is the log: ds-server.zip

I wonder if there is any howto document describing how to set up the development environment so that i can help you to debug the connector.

By the way the contact sync works!
    Last edited by K800i; 03-05-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K800i View Post
    Hi
    I'm currently trying to sync my sonyericsson K800i calendar through funambol with zimbra without any luck. Im using the latest version of the zimbra connector (0.4), funambol data synchronization server 6.5.12.

I have my funambol logging set to level: All and this is the log: ds-server.zip

I wonder if there is any howto document describing how to set up the development environment so that i can help you to debug the connector.

By the way the contact sync works!
    Thanks, I'm try to fix it and commit to svn, but I don't create new file release before it wasn't tested. Please test on you phone, for this follow this atricle. If anybody can test new version on own phone - please .
    Also I did write short guide for configure dev enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfroma View Post
    ZimbraFunambol Connector doesn't call in this log. Please will sure that you configure funambol ds-server as is in the wiki. installation-guide
    I followed that installation, and in my admin tool, everything looks the same.

There is just one call to the zimbra plugin and then it stops. When grepping on zimbra in the logs:

[2008-03-06 19:32:29,572] [funambol.zimbra] [DEBUG] [F80276CE1312D47AE8B9608772BB8AE0] [IMEI:352764012949496] [denraf@inuits.be] [] Source URI: card
    [2008-03-06 19:32:29,584] [funambol.zimbra] [DEBUG] [F80276CE1312D47AE8B9608772BB8AE0] [IMEI:352764012949496] [denraf@inuits.be] [] Source URI: cal

I also tried to build from source, but get 151 errors. Hope to be more helpfull soon, when I've more time to do more debugging.