Thread: [SOLVED] unable to setup an appointment in outlook 2007

Default [SOLVED] unable to setup an appointment in outlook 2007

Hello,

one of my user cannot currently setup an appointment in outlook (2007, on windows seven, ZCO 6.02 or 6.04), ie he cannot see the availability of the meeting participants.

FYI, we systematically add the following keys the in register database:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Options\Calendar\Internet Free/Busy]
    "Read URL"="http://blablabla/service/pubcal/freebusy.ifb?acct=%name%@%server%"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\O utlook\Options\Calendar\Internet Free/Busy]
    "Read URL"="http://blablabla/service/pubcal/freebusy.ifb?acct=%name%@%server%"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZIMBRA]
    "BypassFBConfig"=dword:00000001

This usually works on configurations with older config (outlook 2003 / XP or Vista..) and even on similar config (outlook 2007, seven, ZC 6.02)

Any clue to for this pb?

christophe

There are a couple of things you might check that can break freebusy. I know if the Microsoft Outlook (Hotmail) connector gets installed, that can change the provider. Check this registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Schedu lingInformation\FreeBusySupport

The value for SMTP should be {0006F049-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Another problem can involve certs. See this URL:

Bug 43889 – ZCO F/B gives error if self signed cert is deployed

Default adding the a registry key makes ZCO working again for free/busy

Thx fsiegel for your quick reply.

Yesterday, before receiving your reply I re-installed outlook and ZCO (and the registry keys I mentioned in my first mail). This worked fine.

However this afternoon, free/busy info was again not available.

I then added the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Schedu lingInformation\FreeBusySupport key (which did not exist) and free/busy works now again.

My user told me he did not install anything between yesterday and this afternoon. So the pb seems not related to a hotmail connector.

I will wait and see if this correction works for ever and keep you informed.

PS: the pb was not due to self-signed certificates.

christophe

Hi,

I have again the some pb one two of my users :
    - one of them 'SME' is using hotmail with the outlook connector from microsoft; he has a different value on the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Schedu lingInformation\FreeBusySupport\smtp than the one you mentionned monthes ago. whe changed the smpt key to the one you mentioinned, but it did not seem to have any effect after outolook restart... msut I do sonething else after modifying the smtp key?
    - the other one 'JOE' do not access any hotmail account, and his url for accessign the calendar is correct

As a reminder we are using http (so no pb with certificates)

could you help me on these?

christophe
    Last edited by mertz; 09-03-2010 at 07:56 AM.

The reg value and certificates are the only issues I know of with freebusy. I suppose you could test an older version of our connector (ZCO) to see if the problem goes away, but I still think it's hotmail issue. Are you sure he set the value correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    The reg value and certificates are the only issues I know of with freebusy. I suppose you could test an older version of our connector (ZCO) to see if the problem goes away, but I still think it's hotmail issue. Are you sure he set the value correctly?
    Hey, Fsiegel,

it seems you were right: even when not using a https connection for the free/busy, the certificate must be accepted once under MSIE 7. After that it works.

Does it makes sense for you?

Christophe

A lot of the security stuff doesn't particularly make sense to me, but that's just how it works. :-)