Thread: Outlook Questions

Default Outlook Questions

Upgraded from 5.0.5 to 6.0.2 last week and I have a couple of quick Outlook related questions:

1. For Outlook users, should I uninstall their old connector and install the 6.0.2 connector?

2. I see that now when Outlook users drag emails into the Junk folder it is marked as Spam and processed by zmtrainsa. Is the reverse true? e.g. If a user drags an email out of their junk folder and into their inbox, does that mark it as 'not spam' and does it get processed in the same manner so that Zimbra learns?

Thanks In Advance

I can't answer question (1) authoritatively. Generally going from one version of 5.0.x ZCO to a newer one, the installer will prompt to upgrade. No need to uninstall the old one first. I assume this still applies with 5.0.x to 6.0.x.

As for (2), see https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9532. In short, the reverse is also true.

Thanks for the feedback!

I've not updated any of the connectors yet, is that something you would go ahead and do? Is it more 'stable' or offer better connectivity.

We've had to uninstall and reinstall in the past to take care of users losing access to calendars or even their mail at times.

Thanks Again!

I would definitely go to a newer connector than 5.0.5, because I know there have been many bug fixes and improvements. Just go to Zimbra Product Portal to see what's been added.

HOWEVER, not every point-release has been a 100% improvement across the board. So I can't guarantee that ZCO 6.0.2 won't introduce some bug that was not present in 5.0.5. But since you are upgrading, I would start with the latest ZCO for your ZCS and then see.

Also, I haven't personally upgraded to ZCS 6.x yet due to certain issues that apply to my site. I'm getting ready to upgrade to 6.0.5, or I may wait for 6.0.6, as those finally seem to deal with the concerns that I've had. I wonder why you upgraded to 6.0.2 when 6.0.5 is already out? If you're planning on upgrading again in the near future then, personally, I would wait until then to do a mass-upgrade of ZCO, unless someone has a specific problem that upgrading is likely to solve.