Thread: [SOLVED] Sync problem on Win 7 64bit

Default [SOLVED] Sync problem on Win 7 64bit

Hi, after I changed my system from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit with Outlook 2007 SP2 there are many problems related to a correct sync of all messages and changes.

As a main problem the sync of deletion requests fails. I checked the outlook connector log and found the following:

Request:
    POST /service/soap/MsgActionRequest HTTP/1.1
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><userAgent name="ZimbraConnectorForOutlook" version="5.0.3064.18"/><nonotify/><noqualify/><account by="id">5fe7ae20-6897-4777-919d-bf9c677feb38</account><authToken>here the authtoken (was removed manually)</authToken><nosession/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><MsgActionRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"><action id="198027" op="move" l="-2147221233"/></MsgActionRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Response:
    HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><change token="424531"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><soap:Fault><soap:Code><soa p:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value></soap:Code><soap:Reason><soap:Text>no such folder id: -2147221233</soap:Text></soap:Reason><soapetail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER</Code><Trace>btpool0-8551:1268265348947:3e07670a2449b1b2</Trace><a t="IID" n="itemId">-2147221233</a></Error></soapetail></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

As far as I understand the op="move" requires the message to move to the folder which is specified by id (l="-2147221233"). That id looks really strange.

The same problem exists if I delete folders using the web client. These changes won't sync to Outlook.

Moving messages between inbox and folders which I have created by myself (vs. common "system" folders like trash) works without problems. So there seems to be a big problem syncing common folders to Outlook.

Did anyone experience a similar problem and more important does anyone know how this can get fixed?

-2147221233 is a MAPI error saying "not found". You also got NO_SUCH_FOLDER. What folder are you trying to access? Perhaps the mapping is messed up. You could try deleting the .idm file and trying again. Or of course, creating a new profile, and re-initial-syncing. That would probably work, but I know it's a pain.

thanks for the info! Unfortunately deleting .idm file or creating a new outlook email profile did not solve this problem. I reinstalled outlook but the error was not fixed.

This folder mismatch appears only if I try to delete a message (i.e. trash folder is not in sync). It does not appear if I move a message within my own created folders.

At least I found that it is not related to Win 7 64 as the sync works for another zimbra account on another Win 7 64 system.

Can you give me a hint how I could fix these wrong MAPI folder settings?

ok, I found the solution.

Problem was that one of my clients (Windows Mail, Outlook, Outlook Mobile) created another folder "Papierkorb" (i.e. trash, but I use the German version of Zimbra) in my account on root level. So there were two folders with the same Name on the same level which caused confusion in Outlook after a new sync.

I deleted the second "Papierkorb" folder and everything works perfect.