Thread: Outlook 2003 don't sync anymore

Default Outlook 2003 don't sync anymore

Hi there,

on a client computer, running under WindowsXP SP3, i've installed a ZCS (ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.5_GA_2213_6.0.5846.5) for the zimbra account. After a few days, Outlook was unable to download new mails into the inbox folder. My first move was to delete the entire Outlook Profile and to uninstall the ZCS from the machine. After that, i've reinstalled the hole thing, configured outlook, and TADAAA, everything worked well. Until the afterday.... same problem.

Does someone has an idea?

oh, and, on the zimbra webinterface, everything's fine, just outlook is unable to download new mails.

Yes, unfortunately, this happens quite a lot with 6+, we got it stabilized on 5.0.16, was working for year and a half without a glitch, now we again have issues. Reinstalling connector sometimes helps, but, most of the time new profile is needed, which is PIA when you have customers with gigs of mail on server.

fselendic -- if you are having issues, post a log file. If possible, try to make it as small as possible, i.e., enable logging, do a sync where you have the issue, disable logging, and send the log file.

You shouldn't be having issues like that.

Default Outlook 2003 Sync Issue

Hi, (sry for repost but somehow i can't reply to my own post anymore)

03-12-2010
    on a client computer, running under WindowsXP SP3, i've installed a ZCS (ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.5_GA_2213_6.0.5846.5) for the zimbra account. After a few days, Outlook was unable to download new mails into the inbox folder. My first move was to delete the entire Outlook Profile and to uninstall the ZCS from the machine. After that, i've reinstalled the hole thing, configured outlook, and TADAAA, everything worked well. Until the afterday.... same problem.

Does someone has an idea?

oh, and, on the zimbra webinterface, everything's fine, just outlook is unable to download new mails.

29/03/2010

Zimbra Sync Logfile

here is the logfile, maybe it helps?

blizzzard123 -- you may have a bad .idm file. either create a new profile (not the nicest solution) or shutdown outlook, delete the corresponding .idm file, go back into outlook and sync

hi,

okay, thank you very much, i will try that as soon as possible. i'll be in touch

Blizzzi

Hello again,

thx for your help

it seems that this resolved the sync issue, i've deleted every ".idm" file an recreated the profil. But, for what ever reason, the external emails coms in just fine, but the internal mails, between the employees are comming in just on the zimbra interface, not over outlook.

Bizarre.

Greetings