Thread: Task Duplication and formatting errors

Unhappy Task Duplication and formatting errors

Whenever I open a recurring Outlook task for editting, I get at least one duplicate of that task series created, and I sometimes get 2. The formatting of the copy is usually in double-spaced lines, so I know which tasks are the duplicate. I can usually just delete the duplicate task (all) and go on with what I'm doing, but sometimes the duplicate actually replaces the original, and the original completely disappears. This means I have to go through and redo all of the formatting to get rid of the double-spacing.

Has anyone else seen this? It happens very consistently, and it's a huge waste of time when I have to reformat the entire task content over and over.

Zimbra server version: 5.0.18_GA_3009
    Outlook connector client: 5.0.3064.18

Does it happen every time, or does it happen when you change the end date of a task?

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Does it happen every time, or does it happen when you change the end date of a task?
    I don't usually change the dates, I usually just change the body. Also, it seems like it happens only when I keep the item open for a little while (maybe beyond a sync to server?). If I open it, quickly do an edit and close, it doesn't happen. If I open it and edit a little, then switch to something else, go back and do some more editting (do that a few times). When I close it, there will be 2 or 3.

Sounds like a bug. I'd file one against Conn for Outlook.

It looks like this is being tracked in Bug 52672.
    If you've got more detail please add it there.
    Do you only see this with recurrent tasks?
    Which software versions are you using now?
    etc..

Thanks