Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limit zdb size?

No, it won't. Outlook doesn't reclaim the space. The way to make it smaller is to compact. The best way, of course, would be to initial sync a brand new profile.

Note that a lot of people have emails in their Sent Items folder (or others) where they have sent lots of huge attachments; many times these messages are no longer needed. They take up lots of space. The attachments and/or the whole message can be removed if desired. Then, on the next initial sync, your mailbox would be smaller.

How do you get to the compact option in the connector?

New profile? How do you do that? I have my outlook reading mail from multiple accounts. This is something that the zimbra connector install makes difficult (or has that been fixed?).

Quote Originally Posted by waynelouis View Post
    How do you get to the compact option in the connector?

New profile? How do you do that? I have my outlook reading mail from multiple accounts. This is something that the zimbra connector install makes difficult (or has that been fixed?).
    Okay, I think I've found the compact operation and it is taking its own sweet time.

My concern with the new profile suggestion is that I'd rather not have to re-do all my email setup (as I had to do when I initially installed the zimbra connector).

I assume you found it off the configuration (or email accounts)tab. Also, if we determine that you have deleted 20% of your messages, we'll trigger it automatically. Not sure what you mean by redoing "all your email setup". Is this just the credentials, or are there other things you have done? The creds are easily accessible off the config or email accounts tab.

Ah, what I meant was that I had an outlook which was set up to receive email from another email account.

I started up the zimbra connector install and, when it finished, all outlook knew about was zimbra. All of my previous data (email accounts, contacts, calendar, etc) was gone.

It was a bit of a shock.

It shouldn't have been a shock when I had to change machines (when I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 7 instead of XP) and I had it happen again, but it was.

However, this is off-topic for this thread.

BTW -- 3 hours later and it is still compacting my ZDB file. Is there a way that I can tell what its progress is?

Not sure offhand about the progress, except for looking at the file in Windows Explorer and seeing how large it is. In future versions (7.0), you should be able to have Zimbra accounts with other accounts. See bug 12518.