Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manager can't see shared calendar details

Hybrid View

Default manager can't see shared calendar details

Boss has shared their calendar to an assistant giving them manager rights.

Assistant can access calendar just fine in ZWC. But in Outlook (ZCO 6.5 or 6.6), whenever the assistant double-clicks on an event, they get

Cannot open this item. Cannot open the free/busy information. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment.
    Boss uses ZWC and iCal. Also iPhone with ActiveSync.

I tried sharing the Boss calendar to another user, with same result. It seems there's something specific to the Boss's calendar that doesn't work when shared to someone using Outlook/ZCO.

Any ideas?

Is this still an issue?

I wasn't able to solve it, and then I had to do something else, so I had the assistant use ZWC for a while. I'm just about to return to the issue and see if it's still happening. I'll update this thread when I have new info, but if you have any suggestions, let me know.

This is still happening.

I've created a clone of the account containing the shared calendar, by restoring the account under a new name. Then I shared the calendar from there to a test account, and I'm getting the same result when I open it on the test account.

ZCO on the test account is 6.0.6013.8.

If the manager selects an appointment in Outlook and hits delete (either on the keyboard or the delete button in Outlook), the appointment is removed in ZWC as well. But Outlook complains that "The move, copy, or deletion cannot be completed. The items might have been moved or deleted, or you may not have sufficient permission. If the item was sent as a task request or meeting request, the sender might not receive updates. Cannot open the free/busy information. Cannot locate recurrence information for the appointment."

EDIT: Dragging an appointment is disallowed, however, with the same dialog box.

I'm suspecting that there's one or more events which ZCO is choking on. Here's why: I do zmmailbox -z -m <bossaccount> ef Calendar (to remove all events on the boss account's calendar). Then I go into the boss account in ZWC and create an event. This event now shows up in the assistant account, and I can open it.

Another reason is, events can be opened during initial sync of the shared calendar, but at some point during the sync, I get the error. Presumably this is when the "bad" event is synced.

Based on earlier tests, it looks like whatever "badness" is there gets cleared out by doing an export/import of the Calendar from ZWC. So I just tried exporting the calendar, wiping the events as above, and then importing the Calendar back in. This seems to do the trick, but it has a side effect I'm not sure I like: all the meetings now show as Tentative.

Not sure if some other method of export/import will more accurately retain the participant status...or if this is just happening because the "clone" account's email address is different from the actual boss account.

But I'm not going to do this on the actual boss account, at least for now.

Best would be if I can just identify the bad event and delete it. Would a ZCO log help here?

And this happens whenever the assistant clicks on ANY event, they get the error, or just some events?

On your export/import I think the tentative probably is a result of the clone account having a different email addr. ZCO log of initial delegate sync could help.

Yes, any event.

I did a test and I agree--if I do the exp/imp on the actual account, participant status is preserved. So I'll probably go that way. But I'll get you a ZCO log anyway.

BTW when I wrote that I get the error during the sync, I just mean that it starts happening on clicks. It doesn't spontaneously pop up without clicking an event. Just want to clear up ambiguity in my description.

One thing you could try is after the initial sync of the delegate happens, exit Outlook, set verbose logging, re-enter Outlook, and click on an event. Then send the log.