Thread: Outlook 2002

Default Outlook 2002

Hi

I am really trying to sell the network version as I do not like imap any more for outlook users. However I have a customer with 30 office xp licences. To use the outlook connector with outlook supplied does he need to purchase outlook 2003 or are there ways to use the XP outlook.

30 x outlook 2003 at about $120 each changes the financial proposition as exchange includes outlook 2003 licences.

If XP is not supported are their any plans?

The connector today only supports Outlook 2003. At this time it's not scheduled to back port it to older versions of Outlook, although if there is enough commercial interest we can revisit it.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

We're in kind-of the same boat - I'm trying to put together a costing for Zimbra NE, but (for old corporate policy reasons) we still have an installed Outlook 98 userbase of about 250. We could probably manage an upgrade to 2000 using exisiting Office 2k licences, but any higher than that and the cost just gets silly. Besides, I'd be much more interested in moving to an OSS client anyway so I'd be loathe to outlay for an MS product. Two way calander sync for Thunderbird/Lightning please?

Are the technical differences that profound between these versions of MAPI? I was under the impression it hadn't changed a great deal from 98 to 2k3? </naive>

Cheers!

Kev

MAPI is not the issue. We use several services exported only by outlook 2003. Going backwards means we have to implement our own version of these services.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I'm sure if it will work with Zimbra, but http://openconnector.org/ is in apha state now and is progessing rapidly

I'm pretty sure it should be possible ot make it work with Zimbra...

:water

I have about 100 machines, and all have office 2000 installed. I was so hopping to convince managment that going via Zimbra would be a cost effective and just as compatable route. I seriously need to Outlook 2000 support. Shame I didin't read the small print, before telling managment that they could use outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by water
    I'm sure if it will work with Zimbra, but http://openconnector.org/ is in apha state now and is progessing rapidly

I'm pretty sure it should be possible ot make it work with Zimbra...

:water
    As for http://openconnector.org/ it definitely won't work with Zimbra.
    Currentlly there is only CalDAV protocol supported.

Default Outlook 2000 as well

I also have a large number of Outlook 2000 clients(approximately 1000) and could use your application but without this support I can not.

Default Lost Business

FYI, This killed a nice deal for my business. Once again makes it harder to sell Zimbra Network Edition. The client is staying with their exchange system.