Thread: Local Failure Notices

Hybrid View

Default Local Failure Notices

There is a user who has been periodically receiving these local failure notices. Can anyone tell me what might cause these errors?

Local Failures were detected. No action is required.
    This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.

Sync Type: Delta Sync

Sync Token (before request): 150817

Sync Token (most current): 150818

Store: Zimbra - John Doe

Computer Name: John Doe's Computer

Version: 5.0.3066.18

Mime to mapi conversion:
    Warning 0: Convert() - mime to mapi conversion returned partial completion. hr = 263808 Body of this item maybe corrupted.

================================================== =======

Sync Token (before request): 150816

Sync Token (most current): 150817

Store: Zimbra - Jane Doe

Computer Name: Jane Doe's Computer

Mime to mapi conversion:
    Warning 0: Convert() - mime to mapi conversion returned partial completion. hr = 263808 Body of this item maybe corrupted
    ================================================== ========

Sync Token (before request): 13510

Sync Token (most current): 13516

Store: Zimbra - Baby Doe

Computer Name: Baby Doe's Computer

Error IDs:
    id (5408) type(appointment) message([Subject: Testing123]
    [Details: could not find occurrence for this date(TZID=(GMT-05.00)
    (UTC-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada):20100614T203000 Main appt time
    zone: (GMT-05.00) (UTC-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada))ERROR - Problem processing an exception. Inconsistencies may result
    ])
    Last edited by uchow10; 06-28-2010 at 06:28 AM.

I didn't notice in your post, but having had some of these in the past, I'll assume this is an error on a BlackBerry device. There is probably a better way to fix this on the BES server-side, but I am not really familiar with that. I have had some success with wiping the calendar and having it pull from the server again.

From the phone, open the Calendar app. Hit the BB button, then choose "options". Type "rset" (without quotes). You'll get a pop-up that says "This will erase your Desktop calendar, and reload it from your server. Continue?". If you hit yes, all entries will be removed and pulled from the server. At that point, everything should be back in sync and hopefully the errors go away.
    Last edited by alexkelly; 06-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for your advice. But I am puzzled, the local failure messages she sees is on her Outlook that she has on her laptop. Is it still possible that her BlackBerry is one causing this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkelly View Post
    I didn't notice in your post, but having had some of these in the past, I'll assume this is an error on a BlackBerry device. There is probably a better way to fix this on the BES server-side, but I am not really familiar with that. I have had some success with wiping the calendar and having it pull from the server again.

From the phone, open the Calendar app. Hit the BB button, then choose "options". Type "rset" (without quotes). You'll get a pop-up that says "This will erase your Desktop calendar, and reload it from your server. Continue?". If you hit yes, all entries will be removed and pulled from the server. At that point, everything should be back in sync and hopefully the errors go away.

I have only seen it with BlackBerry devices, however with the blackberry connector, it does use outlook underneath, so maybe there is something on that side that is broken. If that is the case, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix that one.

Default Error Mime to mapi conversion

Hi all,

A client received this outlook (2003 sp3) message, and only downloads email's when I restart outlook, attach files on message, pls help about this issue.

Sync Token (before request): 150513

Sync Token (most current): 150537

Store: Zimbra - Alejandra Bustillo de Jubis

Computer Name: ALEJUBIS-PC

Version: 6.0.5981.7

Mime to mapi conversion:
    Warning 0: Convert() - mime to mapi conversion returned partial completion. hr = 263808 Body of this item maybe corrupted.

These come when the Outlook converter libraries cannot convert the MIME (from the server) to MAPI (which is how Outlook stores it). Many times, this is a third party issue over which Zimbra has no control. Sometimes it is a Zimbra issue. The best thing to do is to get a "Show Original" of the message and send that. We can try it here and determine if it is a third party error.

The local failure message should actually have the MIME in there, in the attachments. If you send the attachments, we might be able to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    These come when the Outlook converter libraries cannot convert the MIME (from the server) to MAPI (which is how Outlook stores it). Many times, this is a third party issue over which Zimbra has no control. Sometimes it is a Zimbra issue. The best thing to do is to get a "Show Original" of the message and send that. We can try it here and determine if it is a third party error.

The local failure message should actually have the MIME in there, in the attachments. If you send the attachments, we might be able to tell.
    Thank, but uninstall zimbra-outlook connector and delete profiles, and reinstall again and now work OK.

OK -- that's good. I'm not completely sure, but I still think it's a third party bug. If it happens again, see if you can find out where the message came from.

Thanks