Thread: Help with Zimbra Outlook Connector - Sync / Migrating users

Default Help with Zimbra Outlook Connector - Sync / Migrating users

Hello!

I've been trying to setup the Zimbra Outlook Connector for one of our end-users .

The user has a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Outlook 2007. If i understood correctly Zimbra should be able to sync all his current e-mails and calendars etc to the Zimbra server, or did I understand it wrong?

Anyways, what I didnt know was that Zimbra deleted the MS Exchange account and added itself, and no synch was done. I tried adding a Exchange account but that made zimbra say that it wasent the default store, so it didnt work aswell.

I've been migrating users with Imapsync but I wanted to try this aswell, since imapsync does not sync calendars.

If all the zimbra connector does is provide connectivity with a Zimbra server through Outlook, please state that somewhere ( I might have missed it )

Thanks,
    Alex

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by riiooee View Post
    The user has a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Outlook 2007. If i understood correctly Zimbra should be able to sync all his current e-mails and calendars etc to the Zimbra server, or did I understand it wrong?
    You've misunderstood if you think it migrates mail from your Exchange server, why don't you use the Migration Wizard for Exchange which is available on the Downloads page in your Zimbra Admin UI?

If all the zimbra connector does is provide connectivity with a Zimbra server through Outlook, please state that somewhere ( I might have missed it )
    It's the Zimbra Connector for Outlook and is supplied with your Zimbra server, what else would it do?

What exactly were you trying to do?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hello. Sorry for not explaining it well enough, my understanding is that with the Zimbra Outlook Connector, you will be able to sync your current emails/calendar etc to the Zimbra server. The user has a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Outlook.

The situation is that we are migrating from Exchange to Zimbra. I have been using imapsync in linux for the e-mails but i'm interested in syncing the users calendars aswell to the Zimbra server.

I'm going to test with the .PST utility now, that should work, and just use the zimbra connector so the outlook users can get connectivity to our zimbra server.

The .PST utility should sync calendars aswell, correct?

Edit: The migration wizard for Exchange did not work for us, the exchange server I am migrating from, well you could say its kind of 'rutten'.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Hello. Sorry for not explaining it well enough, my understanding is that with the Zimbra Outlook Connector, you will be able to sync your current emails/calendar etc to the Zimbra server. The user has a Microsoft Exchange account setup in Outlook.
    That's correct it will sync with your Zimbra server but you can't have both that and an Exchange profile installed. If you mean will it sync from the Exchange server to a Zimbra server then the answer is no, you have to use one of the migration tools to get your email into Zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

Will try out the .PST utility and see if I have any problems, hopefully not .

Alex