Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email and Calendar to Outlook

Default Email and Calendar to Outlook

Hey

I currently attend the University of Guelph Ontario, and we use ZWC 6.0 for email and calendaring.

I'd like to be able to sync my zimbra calendar and email with Outlook 2010. Then I'd like to be able to sync Outlook with my BB Bold 9700. Before the next semester starts, sept 7th.

I wasn't able to find a clear cut answer on how to do this on the forum or the wiki.

Thanks,
    Graham

If you have the network edition, you download the Zimbra Connector for Outlook, which will allow you to sync Zimbra and Outlook. Look for any articles on ZCO (Zimbra Connector for Outlook) and ZCB (Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry).

Thanks fsiegel for the quick reply.

I found the ZCO software through the articles on how to sync to outlook and too bb at:
    Zimbra Admin Downloads | DataSync University

After I installed it asked me for the server name and my email and pass.
    Also, the software is for version 6.0.7 and the only way I knew I was using atleast version 6.0 was from the helps files saying "new in version 6.0".

So:

How do I find the server name?
    How do i find out the name of the software I use, to see if it's the network edition?
    How do i find the version of the software?

If it helps, all i currently have access to is the email log in screen and the ability to log in and use the software. And of course, google.

Thanks

So when you log into the web client, what is the url in the browser? Should be the server name. If you get a license message from ZCO, then you don't have a network license.

6.0.8 was released today, I believe, so 6.0.7 is really the latest as of when you downoaded it. It should be fine. In ZCO, do Help->About Zimbra Connector for Outlook and it will give you the version of the client and server.

If you can't find the server name, you'd have to ask your IT dept.

This is the url for the log in screen:

https://mail.uoguelph(dot)ca

This is the url after I've logged in:

https://zcs4.mail.uoguelph(dot)ca/zimbra/#1

After trying both I get a Zimbra Authorization Failure, "Your account could not be validated against the Zimbra server" message.

Also, sorry I meant the software name and version for the ZWC. Is there a client or user interface for the ZCO software?

Not sure I know what you mean by the question:

Is there a client or user interface for the ZCO software?

I thought you downloaded it. The UI for ZCO is Outlook.

Did you try the second choice without the /zimbra?#1?

Did you check the Use Secure checkbox?

I assume the server is 6.0.7. I really think you need to talk to your IT dept.

I spoke with the IT department and we went through the server names, which were the multiple urls you recomended above. None of them worked. He suggested I uninstall ZCO because normally it's not needed.

I uninstalled the ZCO and now I get an error message from Outlook:

"Cannot open your default email folder.... MAPI was unable to load the information service LSMSSP.DLL..."

Once I hit OK the error messages disappears and Outlook shuts down. Also, I'm not sure if this is normal either but with the ZCO installed, after I'd hit cancel during the log in screen Outlook again automatically shuts down. I'm using Outlook 2010.

So, Outlook shuts down without zco because of the error message, Outlook shuts down with zco if i can't log in.

What's the next step?

Alright, so i found this thread:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...installer.html

I finally figured out how to create a new location for saving data and switched the default account from Zimbra to the new one. I'm going to call IT again and update here when necessary.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Alright fsiegel the issue has been resolved.

I uninstalled the ZCO software, created a new default and called IT. They provided me with the incoming server name and told me to call my ISP to get the outgoing name. Called my ISP, they got me the info, plus the log in name I apparently needed. I then did the same with my gmail account. Finally I set up a BIS account for my BB without any snags. So, everything flows through Outlook to my BB.

I guess I didn't need the ZCO?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the replys fsiegel, i wouldn't have known in which direction to head to get help otherwise.

Graham

Sounds like you're now syncing to Outlook via IMAP? You would need ZCO if you wanted to sync Zimbra email, calendar, contacts, etc. to and from Outlook. If you just want email, IMAP would be sufficient.

Usually IT departments at universities have faculty and staff using Outlook with Zimbra, but students generally use the web client with Zimbra. As for BB, I'm not sure how you're syncing there. We have a Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry, and University of Guelph is a customer, but it sounds like you're syncing another way.

As long as it all works ...