Thread: Sync Trash After Reinstall

Default Sync Trash After Reinstall

So I recently got a new PC and duly installed Outlook and ZCO and let Zimbra download all my messages to Outlook. There were a couple of local failures relating to mime to mapi conversion but I'm not overly worried by these

What does bother me is that my Trash folder was only synced up until a month ago and all messages earlier than that are not accessible through Outlook or the web interface unless I search for them. I had several thousand messages in my trash folder, some dating back a couple of years ago or more and I would like to retrieve these.

These messages are still in the system somewhere as I can find them if I search through the web interface and it only seems to have affected my trash folder as subfolders of my Inbox contain messages from at least 2 years ago

Is there are way to restore my Trash folder to its former glory??

Thanks

I imagine an initial sync of a new Outlook profile will bring them back. A bit of overkill perhaps, but that would work. I suppose you could also go into the web client, select those messages that are missing, put them in another folder, sync to Outlook, move them back to Trash, and sync again.

I'd already tried a resync into a new profile but that didn't work.

In the end I realised I had **most** of what I needed on my laptop which I occasionally use so I copied everything from the Trash folder on this into a new folder. Waited for this to sync between the laptop and desktop and then copied the files back into the Trash

I would rather have fixed it than worked around it though

Cheers