Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanging on "Loading Profile"

Default Hanging on "Loading Profile"

I have a user who's Outlook 2010 hangs when trying to launch. I tried enabling logging using ZCOLogCtl.exe but it doesn't create any log files. I gave the user a completely new workstation and the same problem occurred.

Also, when I go to the user's Control Panel --> Mail --> Account Settings, it gives an error: RunDLL: An exception occured while trying to run "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\MLFCFG32.CPL,@0 "

The user connects using their account and mounts several shared folders & contacts from a different account. I can get it working again by removing all of the shared folders. After re-sharing the folders (a real pain because there are may folders, subfolders and subfolders of the subfolders and Zimbra can't automatically share the subfolders, bah!), then it goes back to normal and works....for a week or two and then I have to fix it yet again. What do I need to do to get this working reliably? Thanks!

Zimbra NE 6.0.8 64-bit
    Windows XP SP3 32-bit
    Last edited by ThorGoLucky; 10-19-2010 at 01:39 PM.

A clue: The problem started happening to another user after I granted that user's account admin access to a different user's contacts.

So it looks like to avoid this problem in the future, unmount the shares first.
    Last edited by ThorGoLucky; 10-20-2010 at 02:01 PM.

It happened yet again to this one user, but this time there were no changes to the shares. Infuriating.

I can't believe that if a user can connect and mount several shared folders, that no log files are created via ZCOLogCtl. They must exist somewhere.

One thing you can do on a hang is to install windbg.exe, attach to the hung process, and generate a core dump.

Creating a Core Dump from a Running Process using WinDbg - Zimbra :: Wiki

I have a similar issue with mutliple clients over multiple domains, at multiple different sites.
    All using office 2010. I can open shared folders/contacts and calendars, however when i right click on a contacts list, and click add contacts to outlook address book, then close and open outlook it hangs at loading profile.
    If I go into profiles via control pannel >> mail, then into addressbooks, select mapi, then remove the shared address books, start outlook again, it opens fine.

This is causing us a lot of pain, and any help would be much appreciated.

- Shua

Are any log files generated via zco logging? Any core dumps in %TEMP%\sco-cores?

Fsiegel,

I have gathered some log files.
    I have a log file from a pc normally opening outlook without any mounted address books.

The same machine trying to open outlook that fails after mounting an address book.

And a log file of another machine that successfully opens outlook with the same address book mounted.

Both machines are XP sp3 with outlook 2010 32bit.
    same connector version also.

Took a quick look, and didn't see anything in the broken one that stood out. Actually, they're not the same connector version. I noticed that in the broken one, you were running 6.0.7, and the normal one, you were running 6.0.8. Did you try 6.0.8 on the one that didn't work?

I have upgraded the connector on the machine that didn;t work to the one from here
    http://files.zimbra.com/downloads/6....6.0.6089.9.msi

And it still hangs.

Fsiegel,

any other ideas why this may be happening ?
    Are them some sort f outlook log files that we can check? It very annoying that users are unable to see public address books and shared address books.

Help appreciated.