Thread: what about office 2011 (mac) connector ?

Hybrid View

Question what about office 2011 (mac) connector ?

hi guys !

i just acquired MS office2011 with outlook (yes not too late) which is fully-like outlook2010 windows.

so, do you plan or even think about a mac connector for this outlook or not ?

don't hesitate to communicate here !

best regards
    fyi we use zimbra NE v6.0.10 french under ubuntu (FRANCE,Amiens)

My department just migrated all our users to Zimbra, and a lot use Mac. Mac Mail + iCal is a clunky option, so I'd like to have the Outlook on all machines. Alas! There is no Zimbra function and Exchange accounts do not function like they do for hooking up an iPhone or Android.

Please please please release a ZCS connector Outlook 2011.

Default It's a requirement

My customers are using macs with outlook 2011 and they require the same integration as with exchange or they'll switch to some hosted exchange service.
    That means, EWS integration is a selling argument, especially if you consider that MS could use this api for integrating the next Outlook version.
    We shouldn't be half a year without a connector then.

Default Outlook 2011 for mac

Hi All,

Last week i have bought a new iMac and i ordered today the office 2011 for mac Home and Business.

My question is; can i synch with the new outlook all my business contacts and synch my calendar?

we use zimbra connector.

With the iPhone and Ipad i don't have any problems but i have seen that with entourage is not possible to synch my calendar and contacts and i can't see my email subfolder via entourage.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you very much

Regards

Patrick

To everyone who wants Outlook 2011 support:

You will be best served by voting for this bug: Bug 38631 - Enable snow leopard messaging features, Outlook for Mac 2011

If you have a NE or Pro license, you should also open a support request and express your need to your sales representative. You might mention this: Kerio Connect and Outlook 2011 for Mac | Kerio

If I can speculate, there are a few strategies that could be used for 2011 support:

1. A Zimbra-specific connector, similar to ZCO, that makes SOAP calls to the server via http(s), and then writes the data into Outlook 2011's local data store in a format it can understand.
    2. Server-side implementation of Exchange Web Services.
    3. A generic connector that makes CalDAV, CardDAV, and (if necessary) IMAP calls to the server, and then writes the data into Outlook 2011's local data store.
    4. A generic middleware server/proxy that implements client-facing EWS and server-facing IMAP/CalDAV/CardDav. Sort of the reverse of SourceForge.net: DavMail POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav to Exchange: News

I think it's conceivable that if Zimbra doesn't move on this, a third-party developer could implement (1), (3), or (4). If they do (3) or (4), it could also work with other servers.
    Last edited by ewilen; 12-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.

It looks like Kerio's mail server is implementing the full EWS functionality... Shame that Zimbra hasn't done this yet...

Outlook for Mac does NOT support plugins at all, so if you are waiting for a connector to be made it might take a while.

Native EWS support is the only viable method.

Hi everybody,

The last answer was Aug 2008 so I Re open the post because I find no answer nowhere:

How can I synch my calendar from Zimbra server to Outlook 2011 (With 14.35 Update) on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Mail works perfectly with imap configuration.

I hope I will have a positive answer since 5 years...

Thanks.