Thread: Downloading GAL Continuosly

Default Downloading GAL Continuosly

I have installed the Outlook connector. My zimbra account has 1.8GB. I am able to synchronize with my account to Outlook, but, I see the pop-up send/receive window in the Outlook on which it says that "Downloading GAL".
    What is the reason for this? What should I do?

I have a client who for whatever reason cannot see certain entries in GAL, however when I configure a new profile, after the 'Downloading GAL' phase, I can see everything. So I need to know how to force it to run again.. I guess? (exact opposite of you)

the entire gal is downloaded the first time you start outlook. every subsequent time you start outlook, the changes in the gal are downloaded to outlook.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by mansuper
    I have installed the Outlook connector. My zimbra account has 1.8GB. I am able to synchronize with my account to Outlook, but, I see the pop-up send/receive window in the Outlook on which it says that "Downloading GAL".
    What is the reason for this? What should I do?
    There is a check box to disable the pop-up

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    the entire gal is downloaded the first time you start outlook. every subsequent time you start outlook, the changes in the gal are downloaded to outlook.
    For some reason my changes aren't showing up.. We changed this client's domain to show ALL domains within their GAL and it seems existing installations didn't see the new domains when searching GAL via outlook.

Enable logging in ZCO then restart outlook. Look for the GalSyncRequest/GalSyncResponse. On the ZCO side whatever is returned should be placed in the GAL. Since we haven't had any other reports of this it may be something with your particular server configuration. Let us know if you find anything interesting with the GalSyncResponse.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I'm actually in the same predicament. Outlook has the Zimbra send/recieve requester up and under the tasks tab is always, "Zimbra - Downloading GAL".

I'm looking into this because when I go to browse the shared folders the only thing it lists is a conference room we have listed as a location in ZCS. Everyone else is looked up/authenticating off of the AD.

Looks like this might be addressed in bug I was just looking at, but can't find now...10nnn something.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Which version/release of Zimbra and the Outlook connector? Did you follow the steps that Sam posted above?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Finally got around to turning on the logging for ZCO and noticed at the top that I wasn't running the latest connector (could have sworn I'd installed the latest). Installed the new one and it doesn't hang in the downloading GAL any more.

Now I have the issue of not being able to browse in Outlook through the list of users who are using ZCS, but are authenticating against an external AD. I have the domain set to GAL mode external and Authentication set to external active directory.

When I browse to find a shared calendar the only items listed are the resources and locations that were set up specifically in ZCS.