Intel Q6600, 4GB RAM
    zcs-NETWORK-7.1.0_GA_3140.UBUNTU8_64.20110329135528

Clients:
    Intel i5 2500, 8GB RAM
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit
    ZimbraConnectorOLK_7.1.0.6314_x86

Situation:
    A user with the above client configuration chooses not to send email immediately from Outlook. Sometimes he may view or edit email in his Outbox before issuing a 'Send and Receive'

Issue:
    After the user views the Outbox or edits an email in the Outbox, Outlook marks all items in the Outbox such that they do not get sent after a 'Send and Receive'

I have spent 2 weeks investigating and tracing these events on the client and the server.

There are no error messages from Outlook, nothing in server log files. I have established that Outlook makes no communications with the Zimbra Server upon these events [rather, non-events].

Offending emails in the Outbox will be sent if the user moves them to the Drafts folder, opens them, clicks 'Send' and 'Sends and Receives' without opening the Outbox.

I have established that this issue is resolved if I disable the 'Zimbra Sharing Addin' via File->Options->Addins in Outlook 2010.

I tried this after finding a very useful site at:
    Outlook: After viewing Microsoft Outlook's Outbox, e-mail won't send

I therefore suggest that ZCO 7.1.0.6314 'Zimbra Sharing Addin' has a 'bug' or, at least, that it is doing something which it 'shouldn't' or not doing something which it should and, I would dearly like to see this fixed so that I can re-enable the Addin and once again use its somewhat essential functionality such as, well, managing shared resources or adding/editing Personas properly and so that my business client no longer thinks that his Zimbra server is just an expensive toy.

I have already raised this issue with Zimbra Support Portal but to my dismay they do not want to know because my Starter Edition licence does not grant such support.

Please will someone from the Zimbra Team kindly look into this.

I still am an avid Zimbra fan and I much prefer you to Microsoft Exchange!

Thank you.

18 MAY 2011
    If it helps someone from the Zimbra Team...
    I can add that the user does not experience this issue with Outlook 2007 and the latest ZCO 6 running on his notebook.
    I might also make a wild guess that its something to do with the 'Social Networking' functions of ZCO 7.1 'Sharing Addin' marking the Outbox items as read when Outbox is viewed?

18 MAY 2011
    Have just found bugzilla.zimbra.com site and submitted there.
    Last edited by james654; 05-17-2011 at 07:25 PM.