Thread: Outlook Connector Not Syning Back to Zimbra Server

Default Outlook Connector Not Syning Back to Zimbra Server

Good day, I am using the Outlook connector with our corporation using Zimbra as their e-mail solution. The Outlook connector has been working fine for me since April. Something has happened in the last month or so that has cause the connector not to sync back to the Zimbra server. I receive e-mails fine (except for the 15 - 30 minute delays). The problem is that once I make a change in Outlook, it does not send the data back to the Zimbra server. My Outlook inbox currently has 10 items. My Zimbra inbox is sitting at 5500+ e-mails. How can I correct this to get the sync back to the Zimbra server. My companies IT department wants me to remove Outlook and the connector and reinstall it. My fear is that I will lose all of the work I have done with these 5500 e-mails. Assistance and guidance are appreciated.

If you can go into the Zimbra web client and see your 5500 emails, they're on the server, so deleting and reinstalling the connector won't cause any trouble.

Before deleting and reinstalling ZCO though, you could try creating a brand new Outlook (Zimbra) profile. When you fire up that profile, it will do an initial sync (one way) from Zimbra to Outlook, so it shouldn't be deleting anything.

Of course you may want to back things up as a matter of course.

A couple of questions:

1) Can you remember anything that happened (new version, new addin, etc.) that happened in the last month to cause your change in behavior?

2) What version of ZCO and the Zimbra server are you using?

If you still have the problem, enable ZCO logging (HTTP on and verbose off), make a change in Outlook, sync to the server, exit Outlook, and capture the log.

Thank you fsiegel. Actually my Outlook box is up to date an accurate. The issue is that Zimbra does not reflect any of the changes that I have done with my mail. I actually need a sync to occur from Outlook back to Zimbra. My company's IT department is wanting me to export my Outlook profile. Remove Outlook and the connector and then reinstall. They then want me to import my Outlook profile. My fear is that I will lose all the changes I have done and will then have to go through 5500+ emails to correct everything.

I understand, but before trying that, I think you should just create a brand new Outlook profile (just like your last one), and initial sync to it. Then do some email changes on Outlook, and see if the problem goes away. It could be that the old profile is corrupt in some way, and a new profile will solve your problem.

They want you to export the current profile to a .pst and import the .pst where? Sounds a little dangerous. I think it's better to try with a new profile first. If that doesn't work, we should try to find out what the problem is.

It would also help to know what version you are running.