Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to open a shared calendar?

Default How to open a shared calendar?

I feel a bit dumb posting it :/ but I can't get this to work and nor can some users so ....

How do we open another users shared calendar?

Go to calendar,
    click open a shared calendar,
    choose from the GAL
    it says "unable to display the folder. your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user"

Is there something else that needs doing to enable this behaviour? (and any document that will give me all this info so I don't have to ask silly questions next time ;-)

Thanks,
    Keith

I feel a bit dumb posting it :/ but I can't get this to work and nor can some users so ....
    Sometimes I hesitate to answer a post because I am not sure that I understand the question correctly.

Just to make sure that I am understanding your situation...

Joe wants to share his calendar with Sue. Joe right clicks on his calendar, selects share calendar, puts in sue's mail address on the zimbra server (ie sue@myserver.com) and selects the View (or Manager) choice... and then clicks on OK.
    An email is sent to Sue telling her that Joe has shared his calendar with her. She needs to double click on the email to open it and then select the Accept Invitation button. A box will pop up with a default calendar name and color for the new shared calendar. Select OK.

Now Sue has, besides her calendar (named Calendar) an new calendar named something like Joe's Calendar. Sue now clicks on the little square to the left of Joe's Calendar and now Joe's calendar entries will show from Sue's calendar view.

So, did you do something like the above to share a calendar?

Mike

how you share and view shared data in the zimbra web client is different than how you share and view shared data using the zimbra connector for outlook. the steps posted by mjfleck2000 are correct if you are using the zimbra web client. If you are using the zimbra connector for outlook:

To share something:
    Right click on a folder and select properties. Select the sharing tab. select a user and select their role. Click ok. The next sync will set the permissions on the folder on the server.

To access contents that have been shared with you:
    File->Open->Other users mailbox and select the user that has shared a folder with you. A new folder hierarchy will be added for this user and all the contents they have shared with you will be available.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

hi Both,

Many thanks for your help... I'll go off and try it before advising our users.

Is there somewhere I can read up on this stuff? there seems to be admin guides etc., but not much actual user info out there

hey sam, i did what you layed out in the previous post. however, i am able to read all the contents of the mailbox even though only the calendar was shared to me. any thoughts?
    thanks

you're probably an admin on the server.

we're modifying this behavior in a future release so even though you are an admin only data explicitly shared with you is viewable.

In the meantime, you can modify your account to not be an admin and create another account to use for administrative purposes.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

OK... I am having a similar problem...

I have installed the outlook connector, I have shared the calendar to a distribution group, and added all the members who need access to the calendar to that distribution list.

I am now in Outlook and I am logged in as myself to the zimbra server and I am trying to open a shared calendar, and I am getting the message

"unable to display the folder. your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user"

Like the other chap said, there is not much info out there to help with the setting up of shared calendars.

Could someone shed some light on this??

file->open->other users mailbox

then select the user who has shared something with ou and click ok
    the subsequent sync will download the contents they have shared with you

in 4.5, the 'open shared calendar' link you clicked on is functional, but not in 4.0.3 or 4.0.4.
    Sam Khavari

thanks for that sam..

it works for the first person, but the second person I open "inherits" all the colours and settings of the first!

is this a bug or a "Feature"

Thanks again

Charlie

definitely a bug; we've fixed this and the 4.0.4 update coming soon (days) has the fix.
    Sam Khavari