Thread: Using ZOC w/ Outlook 2003, GAL is empty

Default Using ZCO w/ Outlook 2003, GAL is empty

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a test workstation using Outlook 2003 SP3 with the ZOC connector on a Windows XP SP3 workstation. It "kinda-sorta" works. Folders are syncing with no problems, as are the calendars, invitations to meetings work as well. What I really want to do is get Outlook to work with the Zimbra GAL.

But that's the one thing that I can't seem to do is get the Outlook Client to do: Use the Zimbra internal GAL. It's just empty. I've tried using the <Send/Recv> -> Global Address List -> Zimbra "Update Global Address List" icon, The "Zimbra Send/Receive Progress" window reports zimbra - Zco User - Downloading GAL Completed successfully. While Wireshark shows data being transfered, of course I have no way of knowing what it is. The GAL is just always empty. DebugView was no help at all. Other than a few lines when I started Outlook, nothing else was generated. No errors in eventviewer either. I've checked the Address Book settings in the Mail applet, and it shows "Global Address List: Zimbra - Zco User." All of our domains are set up to use the local GAL.

I tried setting up an ldap directory within the profile, and it connects and displays the user objects, however the vast majority of our users (well over a thousand) don't have email address properties in their user objects, so unless I populate AD with the email addresses, I can't use the ldap directory.
    To put it bluntly, I'd really rather not use ldap unless I absolutely have to.

I've tried repairing the installation using the msi, as well as removing and reinstalling both it and Outlook 2003.

I would much rather use the Zimbra internal GAL, and from everything I've read it should be working.

Server:
    Release 6.0.10_GA_2692.SLES11_64_20101215162357 SLES11_64 NETWORK edition

4 server set up: 1 x ldap server, authenticating against AD, 2 x MTA, 1 x Mailbox server. No imap proxy is installed or running.

ZCO:
    ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.9_GA_2755_6.0.6089.9.msi

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mark
    Last edited by mhlevy; 10-11-2011 at 04:06 PM.