Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot open outlook with LSMSSP.DLL missing

I guess that's the name of your profile. The problem is undoubtedly in configuration. How do you configure the profile? Please give me a list of steps you go through (maybe with screenshots). You might also create a profile with a new name -- just a one word name like Zimbra. After I look at your screenshots, if we still can't figure things out, then you should set logging on, and create a new profile. Then look for a log with rundll in the title. Maybe that will tell us something.

You should also search for that .zdb on your system and see if you can find it.

I created a new profile "zimbra", then edit its properties->Data Files..

See the attached screenshot.

If I double click the seting, I got "An unknown error occurred, error code 0x80040605"
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know what Zimbra Private Folders is. Can you give me the exact steps you go through when you create a new profile? Maybe a screenshot or 2 of the screens you get. Something doesn't add up.

Again thanks very much for looking into it. I uploaded the installation steps (1-6) and outlook error screenshot, the windows installation path and contents. Please let me know if anything wrong.

And under control panel "zimbra" profile the private folder always cannot find.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Everything looks OK. Do you create the profile with the mail applet or from within Outlook? Just curious.

Let's try this. Can you search your entire machine for *.zdb, and tell me what the search finds?

If all else fails, I would suggest uninstalling Outlook, uninstalling ZCO, removing mapisvc.inf from the installation directory (Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033) then installing Outlook, and then installing ZCO. Something is wrong with your installation, but I don't know what it is.

But first, let's see if there are zdb files.

I tried to create the profile from both control panel->mail or outlook, the error is the same.

I cannot find any *.zdb files

Then there must be some problem when you configure. The .zdb file is essentially ZCO's version of the .ost. That's where all the data is. Are you sure that when you enabled ZCO logging, you never saw a log file with rundll in the title?

There is a ZDB Configuration tab during config. You might try setting a location. But first, it would be interesting to see screenshots of the config tabs. When you sent me the screenshots before, you never actually showed the configuration steps -- in step4.png, you chose the service, and in step5.png, you were done. It might be nice to see the intermediate screens.

This is the problem. Because I didn't miss to send you the screenshot, this is what I got during installation. There are never intermediate between choosing zimbra server and configure, just go to finish.

Well -- your installation must be totally messed up. Do you have a file called mapisvc.inf in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 directory? If you do, please post it

Yes. Uploaded.