Thread: Outlook Connector won't open setup wizard on first launch

Default Outlook Connector won't open setup wizard on first launch

Hey there,

I ran across an issue today that I solved, but wanted to share with the community.

I installed 32bit Outlook 2010 in Windows 7 Professional today, then install the 32bit Zimbra 7.2 Outlook connector. When I launched Outlook, the setup screen from Outlook came up asking me to configure a new profile, but it didn't ask me about the Zimbra server, etc. It was clear to me that the setup routine for the connector hasn't launched.

I tried several things, including repairing the connector installationg, and installing the new 7.2.1 pre-release connector, but I could never get the setup routine to launch.

In the end, I deleted the existing (new) profile using Control Panel > Mail > Profiles, then created a new profile. When I stepped through the mail setup screen, I selected "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and selected "Zimbra Collaboration Server" under "Other".

Worked like a charm from there.

Andy Lauppe
    Anteil, Inc.
    ---
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU8_64
    UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.

Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.UBUNTU8_64
    UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.

Thank you! This worked for me based on your note here:

"In the end, I deleted the existing (new) profile using Control Panel > Mail > Profiles, then created a new profile. When I stepped through the mail setup screen, I selected "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and selected "Zimbra Collaboration Server" under "Other"."

The problem for us was that in Windows 8 the ZCO installer for v8.0.3 would install just fine but Outlook 2007 (SP3) would not see that ZCO was installed and would not prompt for the server and user and password upon initial startup. So by installing ZCO normally and then launching Outlook and manually typing in a profile and then selecting to configure the mail settings manually and then selecting ZCS, the connector got activated in Outlook 2007 just fine and it appears to be working.