Thread: Deploying Zimbra Connector 8 using GPO

Hybrid View

Question Deploying Zimbra Connector 8 using GPO

Greetings.
    I am looking for assistance deploying Zimbra Outlook Connector 8.0.0.673 using GPO.
    1.) When installing using MSI from GPO it fails with following error.
    > Calling the Windows Installer to install application APP from policy ZCL. The install of application APP from policy ZCL failed. The error was : %1605

Error description --->
    ERROR_UNKNOWN_PRODUCT 1605 This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

If you run the same MSI locally using msiexec /i ZimbraConnectorOLK_8.0.0.673_x86.msi /quiet
    it installs fine without any errors.

Any idea why would GPO installation fail with 1605?

2.) The MSI comes up as having Arabic Language. I know some people suggested going to MSI with orca and deleting everything except 1033 from Language field - but I did that and it still seems to be coming up as arabic for some strange reason. Any idea how that can be fixed?

Thank you for your help.

I have no issues with GPO except for the arabic glitch. I do use Orca to modify the language field leaving only 1033.

I can't remember the language error but it does sound somewhat familar to what you've posted. Get that fixed first and it may work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGumby View Post
    I have no issues with GPO except for the arabic glitch. I do use Orca to modify the language field leaving only 1033.

I can't remember the language error but it does sound somewhat familar to what you've posted. Get that fixed first and it may work.
    1.) Language thing - when I open MSI with orca and go to Language in Properties there is only one number there 1033.
    Is there some other place where I should modify fields leaving only 1033? I would appreciate node in the right direction.

2.) So I didn't have trouble with previous version as well.(despite also thinking it's arabic) In fact that what bothered me most. We didn't actually deploy 7.1.3.6347 with GPO,
    so when I started getting all troubles with 8.0.0.673 I decided to check if that will work.
    So I created GPO with previous version and tried to deploy it to brand new test machine. It worked just fine. I then put 8.0 into same GPO and put is as Upgrade option for previous package.
    What's interesting it still failed with same error again. So it fails with 1605 if it's upgrade and even if it's stand alone deploy on machine with no previous version.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Here is deployment logs.

Code:
    11-14 09:10:41:714 
    Software installation extension has been called for foreground synchronous policy refresh.
    The following policies are to be applied, flags are 1.
        ZCO (unique identifier {1B5F3FBA-0731-44FA-AD7E-174BB1DED4BF})
            System volume path = \\arcs.cpmc.columbia.edu\SysVol\arcs.cpmc.columbia.edu\Policies\{1B5F3FBA-0731-44FA-AD7E-174BB1DED4BF}\Machine
            Active Directory path = LDAP://CN=Machine,cn={1B5F3FBA-0731-44FA-AD7E-174BB1DED4BF},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=arcs,DC=cpmc,DC=columbia,DC=edu
    Set the Active Directory path to LDAP://CN=Class Store,CN=Machine,cn={1B5F3FBA-0731-44FA-AD7E-174BB1DED4BF},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=arcs,DC=cpmc,DC=columbia,DC=edu;.
    Enumerating applications in the Active Directory for computer SYSOPS13 with flags 5.
    CSTORE: Retrieving class store path for the system account.
    CSTORE: Retrieved 1 class stores for the user or machine.
    CSTORE: Attempting to bind to class store 0 with path LDAP://CN=Class Store,CN=Machine,cn={1B5F3FBA-0731-44FA-AD7E-174BB1DED4BF},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=arcs,DC=cpmc,DC=columbia,DC=edu.
    CSTORE: Bind attempt returned error code 0.
    CSTORE: Enumerating packages with search filter (&(objectclass=packageRegistration)(|(|(msiScriptName=*A*)(&(canUpgradeScript=*)(msiScriptName=*P*)))(!(msiScriptName=*)))) and flags ce00000.
    CSTORE: Examining retrieved package VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2).
    CSTORE: Examining retrieved package VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook.
    The following applications were found in policy ZCO.
        Assigned application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (flags a0024c70).
        Assigned application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) (flags a0064c70).
    Found 2 applications in policy ZCO.
    Enumerating the managed applications which are currently applied to this user.
    The following 1 managed applications are currently applied to this user.
        VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO with state 509 and assign count -1.
    Found 0 applications locally that are not included in the set of applications from the Active Directory.
    Application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO is set for installation because it is assigned to this computer policy.
    Application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO is a potential upgrade of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO, states are 1 0 0 1 1.
    Application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO was superseded by application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO with reason 4.
    Application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO is an upgrade of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO and
    will cause the assignment of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook to be removed.

Removing application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from the software installation database.
    The removal of the assignment of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO succeeded.

Assigning application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO.
    Calling the Windows Installer to advertise application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from script C:\Windows\system32\appmgmt\MACHINE\{556760c1-0096-46dc-9954-cd7ce33dde9b}.aas with flags 69.
    The assignment of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO succeeded.

Calling the Windows Installer to install application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO.
    The install of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO failed.  The error was : %1605

Removing application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from the software installation database.
    Calling Windows Installer to remove application advertisement for application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from script C:\Windows\system32\appmgmt\MACHINE\{556760c1-0096-46dc-9954-cd7ce33dde9b}.aas.
    The removal of the assignment of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO succeeded.

Application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO was configured to upgrade application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO.  The assignment or 
    install of the upgrade application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO failed with error : %1605  The upgrade will be aborted.

Assigning application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO.
    Calling the Windows Installer to advertise application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from script C:\Windows\system32\appmgmt\MACHINE\{52d98a43-9381-47ed-88c5-3f761f35194b}.aas with flags 12d.
    The assignment of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO succeeded.

Calling the Windows Installer to install application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO.
    The install of application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO succeeded.

Policy Logging for Software Management is attempting to log application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook (2) from policy ZCO.
    Policy Logging for Software Management is attempting to log application VMware Zimbra Connector for Microsoft Outlook from policy ZCO.
    Failed to apply changes to software installation settings.  Software changes could not be applied.  A previous log entry with details should exist.  The error was : %1605

Software installation extension returning with final error code 1605.