Thread: Personas + Outlook 2003 - ZCS Networ Ed. Vers 7

Default Personas + Outlook 2003 - ZCS Networ Ed. Vers 7

Good Morning,

A customer of mine have a Zimbra Server Network Edition Release 7.1.4_GA_2555.RHEL5_64_20120104215751 CentOS5_64 NETWORK edition, on a CENTOS 5.7 64 bit.

On some customer's PC I install ZCS Outlook connector Ver. 7.1.4.6356_x86 and Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7 Pro 32 bit SP1.

On outlook 2003 there is a Zimbra Default Account (for this post we will call it main@mydomain.com) and 2 Persona (persona1@mydomain.com and persona2@mydomain.com); this last two accounts are mail addresses with "Inbox" and other folders shared with main@mydomain.com.

There are strange issues in Outlook:

In this cases:
    - I reply to an e-mail received by main@mydomain.com;
    - I forward an e-mail received by main@mydomain.com;
    - I send a read receipt for an e-mail recived by main@mydomain.com;
    - I create a new e-mail message (Zimbra Default Account si the Outlook Default Account);

the sender account is one of the two personas account. I think this is not right behavior. I expect that the sender would be main@mydomain.com

If i reply/forward to an e-mail in shared folders of personas' accounts the sender displayed is the correct persona address, but the account who send the e-mail is main@mydomain.com (with its mail signature), and the sender account must be change every time . It's the normal behavior?

I tryed to delete personas from Zimbra Web Account settings, and re-syncronize account on pc (8 Gb and more of mails!!!), repair connector but nothing solve the problem.

Anyone have some suggestion?

My customer starts to think that He would save time and troubles (and at the end $$$$ ....ops..... €€€€€) in his business if He had bought an Exchange Server.

It's not a great situation for who sells Zimbra and for who spent money for a not well working product (I expected not well working products by other software producers , not by vmware).

Thanks to all and excuse me for my bad English.

Luca Giacomazzi

Default Same problem the original poster was having.

I am having the exact problem described above.

Zimbra NE 6.0.8 - Outlook 2010 - Outlook Connector v8.0.3 (Previously 6.0.8)

Here's my testing results.
    All of these test are from the point of view of the default persona (test@example.com) with 2 persona's setup in outlook.
    We are using the "reply to all" button to reply to the emails.

------
    User test@example.com (Default persona)
    Persona1 test1@example.com
    Persona2 test2@example.com

[Email to test@example.com]
    Result: From Default Persona (this is correct)

[Email to test@example.com with cc to test1@example.com (Persona1)]
    Result: From Persona1 nobody in the cc field (this is wrong. It should be from the Default persona and Persona1 should be in the cc field)

[Email to test1@example.com (Persona1)]
    Result: From Persona1 (this is correct)

[Email to test1@example.com (Persona1) with cc to test@example.com (Default)]
    Result: From Persona1 nobody in the cc field (this is wrong. default persona should be in the cc field)

[Email to test2@example.com (Persona2)]
    Result: From Persona2 (this is correct)

[Email to test2@example.com (Persona2) cc test@example.com (Default)]
    Result: From Persona2 nobody in the cc field (this is wrong. default persona should be in the cc field)

[Email to test@example.com (Default) cc test2@example.com (Persona2)]
    Result: From Default cc test2@example.com. (this is correct)

[Email to test2@example.com (Persona2) cc test@example.com (Default) and cc test1@example.com (Persona1)]
    Result: From Persona1 with cc to Default. (this is wrong. It should be from Persona2 with a cc to Default and Persona1)

------

It seems whenever Persona1 is involved in any email that is always who the reply is from. It also seems to affect the cc fields. I've tried re-creating the outlook profile, i've reinstalled the connector, i've upgraded the connector, and i've tried this on a different machine. Any help would be very much appreciated.