Thread: Outlook PST Importer borks dates..

Default Outlook PST Importer borks dates..

Hi All,

I've had at least 2-3 users where the pst import wizard made all the imported emails the same date (which was the day of the import). Ticked a few people off. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the importer or the outlook connector, because the email dates are fine through the web interface, but are screwed up in outlook.

-alex

Hi,
    I'm sorry that this post got buried!

Can you please follow the instructions for debugging and post the info for us to look at?

-john

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Hi,
    I'm sorry that this post got buried!

Can you please follow the instructions for debugging and post the info for us to look at?

-john
    Hi John,

Unfortunately, there's really nothing to post. I've migrated about 12 people, and of them 3-4 experienced that problem. It's no longer a big deal to me since everyone has been migrated over, but I suspect others may run into this more during larger migrations. Sorry I can't post a debug.

-Alex

Yep, we did. Some accounts (actually, I think, all of them) have this problem. All imported mails have the same date, that of the import.

Any ideas?

ZCS 5.0.7, same ZCO. Problem existed identically on 5.0.5 and connector.

Default ZCS NE 5.0.8 + Outlook Connector

I'm about to search for a bugzilla entry for this, since my co-worker just tested importing (via Outlook 2003) a PST archive he made yesterday. It synchronized the e-mails to the Zimbra server, but they were all dated at the time of import, rather than the YY/MM/2006 they should have shown up as.

We are planning on having end-users run a PST export to clean out some of their hideously large mailboxes, and drop the PST file onto a different file system, but now our fears are they'll try to import it. We have to fear the worst, right? Anyway, trying to re-export or delete all the mails imported via this method doesn't seem like a fun task to tackle.

If someone knows of the bugzilla # to reference, could they post it here? If there isn't one, I'll open up a ticket and toss it in here.

--Brian

Edit: Found Bugzilla entry: Bug 25770 – Wrong Time and Date when importing PST file through Outlook
    Last edited by bjared; 08-01-2008 at 01:51 PM.