Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra/Outlook high levels of traffic

Sam, it's not that.

The trafic I see is _incoming_ to the server (not outgoing).
    It's happening again right now, I hope my tcpdump trace will be helpfull (Support Case 10421).
    Last edited by Klug; 04-02-2007 at 09:02 AM.

If you guys find out anything else about this, I'd appreciate it if you shared.

My fix worked, but I'm still not too happy about it. I'd rather know how to fix the problem properly if it happens again

-Ken

I think we found out what was the problem here.

It seems to be one Outlook trying (and trying and trying again, and so on) to send one attachment that was too big and refused by the server...

More data to come.

It's supposed to be fixed in next ZCO (4.5.5), as said in bug 16340.

yep, 4.5.5 is built, this bug has been verified, and its almost out. When its available, please give it a shot and verify it works for you.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default Still a problem

We have been seeing this issue often, and we're using 4.5.5 NE. This traffic starts as soon as the user boots up, and lasts all day long, saturating the outbound traffic on the T1. (Well it did, until I rate-limited all traffic going to our zimbra server.)

I'll see about attaching my tcpdump of 5000 packets to the bug case mentioned previously. One time, upgrading the Outlook Connector fixed it. One of the latest occurances has yet to cease. We upgraded his connector, and that didn't fix it. We uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it still didn't fix it. That is the current state, and from which the capture is taken.

--Brian

EDIT: Hmm, neither bug 10421 or 16340 seems to reflect the issue I'm having.
    Last edited by bjared; 06-28-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Hmm.

We're still experiencing the problem as well, with more and more frequency lately. We've been having to get people to use the web client instead of the connector to avoid it.

Apparently there is supposed to be an updated connector coming that will fix the issue. It was supposed to be due out on Monday, but we're still waiting.