Thread: Not able to answer to meeting requests

Hybrid View

Default Not able to answer to meeting requests

Hi,

since few weeks I have upgraded the zimbra server and the outlook plugin to the version 4.5.1 (ZimbraOlkConnector-4.5.1_GA_657_4.5.135). Since then we have problems in being able to answer to meeting requests (note with the old config ZimbraOlkConnector-4.0.3_GA_405_4.0.273 we have never had that prolem).

Say both user A and user B use the ZimbraOlkConnector.
    User A sends an meeting request to user B. User B tries to answer to such appointment: he gets an error message and can not answer.

The exact error text is:
    "Es ist nicht möglich, auf eine Besprechung ohne Besprechungsorganisierer zu antworten. Sie müssen dem Element ein Feld für die Organisation hinzufugen" which in englisch sounds like
    "It is not possible to answer to a meeting request without being the meeting organizer. You must add a field for the organization for this element"

I have found out that sometimes BUT NOT ALWAYS it is enough to touch the icon that sets the role of the partecipants on the schedule page to aviod the problem. As I have said this does not solve always the problem (in particular my boss is never able to answer! :-( )and I really have no further idea.

Could you help, please?

I have just found that this was an old bug of office (SP1)

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...6253&x=16&y=16

This

" You receive the following error message:
    You cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item.
    Additionally, if you click the Scheduling tab, the e-mail alias for the organizer is replaced with either your e-mail alias or the e-mail alias of another attendee."

is exactly what is happening to me!

But why does it happen and how to fix it?

We have Windows XP with automatic updates active and Office 2003 SP2.
    We did not change anything in the windows/Office config except deinstall the odl 4.0.3 ZimbraOutlookConnector and install the new 4.5.1 ZimbraOutlookConnector.

Do you utilize resources in Zimbra. We have our meeting rooms setup as resources and when someone adds a calendar entry to the resource and invites attendees it sends the invite out from the resource and when you try to send a response back it gets this error as well. The solution is instead of adding the calendar entry in the resources calendar the user needs to add the event in there calendar and invite the resource and it will auto accept if you have set it up to do so. The user then becomes the event organizer and people can respond to the messages and the calendar event still gets booked to the resource.

This might not be the problem for you but hope this helps.