Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem sharing calander to groups

Exclamation Problem sharing calander to groups

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Zimbra Network and I'm trying to share my calander with a distributiongroup I created (containing me and a coworker), however on the sharing tab for my calander I can only select users, not distributionlists... I've read in a few posts that this should be possible, so why isn't it for me?

I'm running the latest trial edition and am running Outlook 2003 as a client

Regards,

Maurits Meijer

Default Update to my own problem

Hi,

An update to my own problem, my distributionlist isn't showing at all in my GAL, so that's why I'm unable to select it on the sharing pane either probably. Does anyone now of a reasen whe a distribution list won't show? (the don't show in GAL checkbox is off).

Regards,

Maurits Meijer

Thumbs down Another update

I'm starting to like talking to myself.....

The above mentioned distributiongroup is now showing up in my GAL, and I can even select it on the sharing tab when I open my calander properties.... but when I do that Zimbra notifies me that I can only select users. This is not a good situation, for my initial setup I would like 20 people orso to see each others data... that would mean I would have to setup 20x20x2 times sharing properties (first who may see the data, then who can see the data), that's just to much work. Our current solution for collaboration allows for users to be placed in groups, and that groups gan be given access rights, I would think this is basic stuff for collaboration software. Is it correct that Zimbra doesn't do this currently?

Regards,

Maurits

Default Which version are you running?

We're running 4.5.3 here, and I don't seem to be seeing the same issues you are.

I right-click on the calendar and select Share Calendar. I get a popup dialog with a radiobutton allowing me to choose the type of the sharee. If I leave it at the default (Internal users or groups), the Email: entry will autocomplete from my address book. But I can enter any valid distribution list in that entry and the grant goes through just fine.

PS - Please be patient with us. Most of us are GMT-0800, and that means your first posts came in at 0115 and your latest came in at 0830 local time. We do sleep occasionally!
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Whoops!

I missed that this is in the Outlook Connector forum. Please ignore my previous posting!

Sam?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thumbs up Tanks for the reply

Hi dkarp,

Thanks for the reply, I'm aware of the time difference but was hoping for some bright european (or anyone else near my timezone ofcoarse) to read my postings.... But I'll go wait for Sam to wake-up too now

Regards,

Maurits

What version of ZCO are you using? The latest version does support sharing with DL's.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Red face Outlook Connector Version

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply, I just checked and my ZCS Connector for Outlook version is 4.5.148.0... it is the version that comes with the VMware'd version of Zimbra (downloaded it yesterday.... is this the latest version (freely) available? (I'll go check by meselt too, but perhaps you'll reply faster)

Regards,

Maurits

P.S.: If it turns out I can delegate permission on a group basis, I'll
    by the network edition for 20 users by next monday (because the rest
    of the product has been really impressing).

We experienced the same problem yesterday : it's not possible to share a calendar to a group within Outlook (tested with server/ZCO 4.5.2 and 4.5.3).

Maurits, there's a workarround for this : log into the Zimbra WebUI and create your shares to groups from it.

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15227
    Last edited by Klug; 03-08-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Question Re: Workaround

Hi Klug,

You wrote;

We experienced the same problem yesterday : it's not possible to share a calendar to a group within Outlook (tested with server/ZCO 4.5.2 and 4.5.3).
    Maurits, there's a workarround for this : log into the Zimbra WebUI and create your shares to groups from it.

I tried the workaround, and it works as you suggested, however this is only a halfway solution, I can now mass set permissions for accessing shared data, but I still need to add the shared data to each account.... So in the example of 20 users I now don't need to set 20x20 times permission settings but I still need to add 20x20 times the shared mailboxes for each user. What would be great is if there were an option to auto-subscripe to all available shared data, but looking through the interface in outlook I don't see it... the alternative packages I've checked (openexchange, xcconnect, workgroupshare) all subscripe users to all available shared data (in other words, if you authorise them to see a recourse, they can see the recourse).

Regards,

Maurits Meijer