Thread: Sync issues - server failures

Lightbulb Sync issues - server failures

Hi all,

Another problem today, after checking up on logging possibilities I found that for each and every message I recieved through Zimbra, a server failure is generated in "sync issues - server failures". Everything appears to working correctly, so as to why these are generated I don't know. The items that are reported are both mailmessages and notifications about shared recourses. Anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Maurits Meijer

what is the server failure? post the attachment to the message which contains the request/response.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Post files attached

Hi Sam,

Thanks in advance for looking in to this, I've zipped all messages and attached it to this reply. Looking forward for an answer.

Regards,

Maurits Meijer
    Attached Files Attached Files

what locale is your OS in? what locale is office in? this may be a localization bug with our connector.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Lightbulb Locale

Hi Sam,

what locale is your OS in? what locale is office in? this may be a localization bug with our connector.
    Both are in dutch, if this is a localization bug could this also explain my calendar problem in an other post by me (multi-lingual calendar problem)?

Regards,

Maurits Meijer
    Last edited by M.Meijer; 03-14-2007 at 09:11 AM.

I can duplicate this issue using Dutch with 4.5. First I got no messages (I got calendar appointments and contacts), but no server failures. Then I got some server failures. It is a NO_SUCH_FOLDER error. For some reason, the Inbox does not seem to be a Zimbra folder. I will look into it. This only seems to apply to the Inbox folder.

Default Dutch Inbox Locale issue

Maurits:

I noticed that when I run Outlook in Dutch, the Inbox folder is called Postvak IN. Both that folder and Inbox weren't getting registered as Zimbra folders. When I changed our Dutch localized name from Inbox to Postvak IN, everything started working correctly. I'm sure this is the problem -- just want to make sure that Postvak IN is a valid name, and that this makes sense to you.

Default Dutch Inbox Locale Issue

It turns out that there was a bug in localized inbox processing. I have now fixed this correctly. I have therefore reset the Dutch localized inbox name back to Inbox.

The way it should work is -- we should have control over what the localized folder names are -- we shouldn't depend on what Outlook may come up with. With this new fix, we have a choice again.

This will all be working correctly in 4.5.5. Also, in the 4.5.5 Outlook connector, localization is complete for Dutch. All error messages, message boxes, captions, screens, etc. are localized for Dutch.

Default followup

Hi fsiegel,

Thanks for the effort!

You stated that this will all be working correctly in 4.5.5. The current maintanance release is 4.5.4 so there in the problem still exists?, ifso is there a workaround that you can recommend for 4.5.4?
    Maurits Meijer
    manager automation
    BURGER GRUNSTRA consulting architects

Default Dutch Inbox locale issue

The problem does exist in 4.5.4. I'm not sure when 4.5.5 will come out -- probably a couple of weeks -- it depends.

The best thing is to wait for the new connector. However, there is a workaround that I've tried that seems to work. I do recommend, though, that when 4.5.5 comes out, you recreate your profile and initial sync.

With that said, here's how I believe you can get around this for now:

1) In Outlook, delete the folder called Inbox
    2) In Outook, create a folder called Inbox (right where the other one was)
    3) In Outlook, do an F9 (Send/Receive) to sync. This should give the new Inbox the proper Zimbra id
    4) Move your messages from Postvak IN to Inbox
    5) In Outlook, do another F9

New messages should come into Inbox in Outlook, and syncs of read/unread, etc. should work. Your server failures shouldn't happen.

Again, I'm not sure I recommend this, but it might be worth a try. I have no idea how many messages you have in your inbox.

Good luck -- let me know how it turns out.

Frank