Thread: Why Other Calendars?

Default Why Other Calendars?

Hello, I am experiencing a new problem with the outlook connector. When I initially set this up, there were no issues with this. Now it seems to be having issues. The pain of it all is it is my boss with the issue!

Here is the problem:

All shared calendars show up as "Calendar in Zimbra - User Name username@domain.com"
    Now if I add someone, it doesn't look like that (username@domain.com) and they are coming up in "Other Calendars", but it is like they are attached to the master Calendar that loaded with outlook.

This is the only way I can explain this problem. I have looked here and googled the question, but it looks to be the only time this has been asked.

Thanks for any help.

-Cory

What versions are you on? Have you got the correct connector for you server version?

A lot of the time these sort of issues can be fixed by making a new outlook profile and doing a resync.

Cory, I don't fully understand your problem. How can I reproduce it? What version of ZCO and ZCS are you using?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

OK, this is very frustrating.

I have upgraded everyone and all systems are go.

Now after uninstalling outlook, and reinstalling outlook, outlook sp, outlook connector, I have been able to add shared tasks to my boss' outlook. Everyone except myself and another person.

Here is the problem. It initially worked, but I removed myself to test something and now when I try to add myself again, I am added to "Other Calendars" and when I highlight my name, what shows is his calendar information.

This is the same issue with the shared tasks.

Another weird problem is the tasks have two folders now... one called tasks and another one called tasks - renamed (92834729387412 *various numbers*)

The renamed one was the original task folder, and contains all old tasks. Then there is the new one that has the sharing ability. The default is the renamed one, and has no sharing ability and cannot be renamed or deleted. If you do, you will lose the ability to share the other task folder. You have to allow sharing on both folders, and copy all the contents of the renamed folder to the new tasks folder, and leave both folders as is. Otherwise sharing doesn't work the way it should.

Can anyone help me please!

Default Task sharing

I guess I'm a little unclear on some of this. When you say "able to add shared tasks to my boss' outlook", I assume you mean that he clicked on the tasks folder and added you as an administrator? Did you do anything with calendars or just tasks?

When you removed yourself, you went into his Outlook, and deleted your share?

What are you doing when you are added to "Other Calendars"? I don't even see "Other Calendars".

I guess I need some detailed steps -- exactly whose mailbox you were in, when you did Open Other User's Mailbox, etc.

As far as the Tasks and renamed Tasks folders are concerned, you obviously went through an upgrade from a 4.0 server to a 4.5 server. We didn't used to sync tasks until 4.5, and the server added a special folder for that, and renamed the old one. We had a bug early in 4.5, like 4.5.0, (bug 12594)where we weren't registering that special folder correctly in Outlook. That sounds like this problem.

Are you using an old 4.5, like 4.5.0?

So can you provide some detailed steps, and also let me know what versions you are running?

Thanks

I guess I'm a little unclear on some of this. When you say "able to add shared tasks to my boss' outlook", I assume you mean that he clicked on the tasks folder and added you as an administrator? Did you do anything with calendars or just tasks?
    I added him as an administrator of my tasks & calendar. Went to his outlook and added the share.

When you removed yourself, you went into his Outlook, and deleted your share?

Yes

What are you doing when you are added to "Other Calendars"? I don't even see "Other Calendars".
    EXACTLY! It just pops up and my tasks come up under that heading

As far as the Tasks and renamed Tasks folders are concerned, you obviously went through an upgrade from a 4.0 server to a 4.5 server. We didn't used to sync tasks until 4.5, and the server added a special folder for that, and renamed the old one. We had a bug early in 4.5, like 4.5.0, (bug 12594)where we weren't registering that special folder correctly in Outlook. That sounds like this problem.

Are you using an old 4.5, like 4.5.0?

So can you provide some detailed steps, and also let me know what versions you are running?

I am using 4.5.4 both for server and connector. And yes there was an upgrade from 4.5.0 (But the "Other calendars" was an issue before the upgrade)

OK, new issue!

Now he can't edit his own calendar! This is my boss we are talking about. This is the guy that makes all the decisions for our company. We might soon lose Zimbra. He is getting quite ticked off.

I know this is a new product and you are going through some growing pains... I fully understand. But he is running a business and can't afford to be the guinea pig.

Default Shared Calendars

When he tries to edit his calendar, what happens? Does he get an error message that says he doesn't have permission?

Since I have never seen "Other Calendars", and since it is really hard to tell what is going on without some detailed steps to reproduce this, I'm not sure how to proceed.

It almost sounds as if there is some GAL problem. When you created Outlook profiles, did you create them from scratch (Add...), or did you use Copy... ?

Copy is always a problem. Always use Add...

The other suggestions I have for now are:

1) Remove the share and try again (but I assume you've done that a bunch).
    This time though, right before you add the share, enable ZCO logging, and send me the log.

2) Depending upon the size of you and your boss' mailboxes, delete the Outlook profile, and initial sync them again. Then add the share. If they are really large mailboxes, initial syncing can take awhile, and you may not want to do that. How large are your mailboxes?

Note that the question on how you created your profiles is a bit of a long shot -- chances are they just got created when you installed the connectors. But based on the symptoms, I'm just wondering if there were any other factors -- if any profiles got created in non-standard ways.

Cory, you're running into several bugs that we have fixed. The best thing to do is contact support@zimbra.com to obtain the latest connector.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::