Thread: Cannot send mail via connector

Hybrid View

Default Cannot send mail via connector

I have been testing Network Edition 4.5.4_GA_763.SuSE10 for several days. Outlook connector installed on Outlook 2003.

For unknown reasons, Outlook starts having problem sending email. After composing the email & hit Send/Receive, i can see the message disappear from Outbox & move to Sent folder in Outlook. However, the recipient never get the email.

The only way I can get Outlook to send correctly is removed ZOC. reinstall Outlook & reinstall ZOC. That fix send mail for a while, but it failed after the machine restarted. So, it is really inconvenient.

If I sent the message in web interface, the message delivered correctly to the other end.

Couple of things I notice:
    - even though Outlook cannot send email correctly, all inbound email are delivered to my Inbox in Outlook.
    - Sync Issues folders do not have anything
    - when sending email from webclient, I can see from /var/log/mail that the message is going out. Nothing happened when sent from Outlook.
    - message sent from Outlook, although shown up in Outlook's Sent folder, I cannot see those messages when I logged in to the webclient. Mail sent from the webclient shows up correctly in Outlook Sent box.
    - I read through some of the postings, people mentioned the same problem. They said to look for send mail api call in the ZOC log. I enabled the log & sent a test message. Cannot see any send mail api being called. May be I was searching for the wrong string. I attached a copy of my ZOC log in zip format.

I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files

Http tracing was not enabled. Use ZcoLogCtl.exe to enable http tracing and attach a new log file. You'll want to make sure it includes a SendMsgRequest.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I checked http tracing in ZcoLogCtl.exe. Restart Outlook & generate a new zip file (attached). Send mail from Outlook still fail. I still don't see SendMsgRequest being called.
    Attached Files Attached Files

From your log

Code:
    ZimbraXPLogon::SubmitMessage - mime conversion failed, hr: 80004005
    Does this happen for all messages or only particular messages? Can you attach a sample message this happens for? What Version/SP of outlook/office are you using?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Humm...

I was trying to go into the Outlook Sent items to retrieve the Internet headers as well as the message text for you. Then I notice for those messages that failed to go out, the Internet headers (under View Options menu) are blank.

When Outlook was working before, successful messages had Internet headers.

The message I was trying to send out earlier has the followings:

Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:09 AM
    To: 'theotherme@gmail.com'
    Cc: Me (me@domain.com)
    Subject: Test again

With tracing on. External & internal delivery.

It is happening to all outgoing messages right now. System is XP SP2. Office 2003 with SP2 with all the patches MS released to date.

Thanks,
    Eric

We'll have to dive in a bit more to see whats going on. Can you open a case with zimbra support?
    Sam Khavari