We are using Zimbra 4.5.4 and Outlook 2003. We are doing a very simple test and not getting good results.
1) User B shares calendar to user A.
2) user A creates an appointment for user B (this works great)
3) user B goes in and modifies the text of the appt. User B can see the change.
4) user A after resyncing never sees the change user B made.
5) user A changes the time of the appt. user B sees the change but the text they added to the appt is gone
The only way to get user A to see the changes that user B makes is for user A to close the shared mailbox and reopen it. It seems like the changes made elsewhere (from another outlook or within the mail server) are not being properly synced back down to other outlooks that have a 'shared' interest in an item. And yes we are resyncing. We have waited 30 minutes in case the updates were delayed and we have stopped and restarted outlook.
I am not seeing any exceptions about this on the zimbra server log.
Is anyone seeing this behavior other than us?
All of our users are on Outlook 2003 using the zimbra connector. We have noticed numerous other issues with the zdb file (when a user deletes all their mail it does delete on the server but the size of the zdb file never shrinks)
Anyway any and all help is appreciated.