Major problems with outlook connector
I've run into serious problems this weekend when I tried to migrate a couple of users data to Zimbra (this was meant as a realistic stress test). As soon as I move more than say 100 items from a local pst to the corresponding zimbra folders (be it mail, contacts or calendar) and the connector picks up the new content, it causes outlook to crash. I've ruled out the following as being the cause of the crashes;
- Outlook instability; I've tested on 3 machines in both freshly installed and fully updated Outlook installs.
- 3d party Outlook plugins; fresh install so the connector was the only plugin.
- At first I was running the virtual appliance for a server, since this is officially beta I installed a openSuse 10 server with Zimbra (latest available),
same problems (bundles outlook connector 4.5.4).
My users have thousands of items in their calendars, mailboxes (average is around 3gigs of mail) and contacts, it looked like the importwizard can't handle this load so I attempted to manually move data from pst's to zimbra.
Please advice what coarse of action is appropriate.
BURGER GRUNSTRA consulting architects